Articles filed under Elmhurst
Respect the Flag when its life is over, says Waste ManagementJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The Stars and Stripes do not belong with trash, says leading waste services company
Hot Rods for Huntington's Disease! A Disease that needs to be heard of. Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The world-famous Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois will be the site of the first annual Hot Rods for Huntington’s Disease charity event.
Glen Ellyn Chorus Wins Area CompetitionJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The Village Vocal Chords chorus (the “VVC”) has just returned from Harmony, Inc’s Area 4 Competition, at which they came in first place, and qualified for the organization’s upcoming international competition.
Addison Trail senior still critical after graduation-day accident Jun 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Addison Trail High School senior Dylan Domek remained in critical condition Tuesday, two days after he was struck by a vehicle in Chicago, official said. Domek, 19, was being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he’s been since the accident early Sunday on Lake Shore Drive near Division Street.
Learn facts, myths about suburban coyotes June 22Jun 11, 2013 12:00 AM
How do they live, what do they hunt and eat, how do we protect our small pets and what should we do if our paths cross?
Addison Trail senior still critical after being hit by carJun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
An Addison Trail High School senior who was unable to attend graduation after he was struck by a vehicle in Chicago remained hospitalized in critical condition Monday. Police said no charges will be filed in the early Sunday accident that left 19-year-old Dylan Domek with severe injuries to his head and legs.
3 teens from Central American get treatment at Barrington hospital Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Three teenagers from El Salvador will receive free medical treatment this week for their heart conditions at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington, hospital officials announced Monday. "We anticipate these three children can be treated for their abnormal heart rhythms and hope to give them an opportunity to live a normal life,” Dr. Raymond Kawasaki said.
Historic GM concept cars to exhibit at Geneva Concours Aug. 25Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
The Geneva Concours d'Elegance has just announced that four of the rare GM Motorama Concept Cars of the 1950s, owned by the Bortz Auto Collection, will be on display at the show on August 25, 2013 in Geneva, Illinois.
Photo exhibit captures moments in rock ’n’ roll history Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
"Shutter to Think: The Rock & Roll Lens of Paul Natkin," an exhibit of music photographer Paul Natkin's photos of the Rolling Stones, runs through the summer at the Elmhurst Historical Museum.
Rock-and-roll exhibit-related programs Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
The Elmhurst Historical Museum is hosting a number of exhibit-related programs and special events in the coming months for the “Shutter to Think” rock photography exhibit.
Images: Willowbrook High School Graduation Jun 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Willowbrook High School held its commencement ceremony on Sunday, June 9, at the school.
Images: Addison Trail High School Graduation Jun 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Addison Trail High School held its commencement ceremony on Sunday, June 9, at the school.
Addison Trail senior critically injured hours before graduationJun 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Students from Addison Trail High School stood proudly in their caps and gowns exchanging smiles Sunday as they celebrated their graduation. But many went through the ceremony filled with concern for a classmate critically injured in Chicago just hours before he was to take part in graduation ceremonies. Nineteen-year-old Dylan Domek of Addison was struck by a car early Sunday morning while attempting to walk across Lake Shore Drive, authorities said.
Editorial: For Academic Team, it’s about more than grades Jun 7, 2013 12:00 AM
The students represented by today's 2012-13 Daily Herald Academic Team aren't just smart kids. They are living examples of the payoffs of hard work and a determination to make a difference in their worlds, a Daily Heral editorial says.
Des Plaines man charged with child solicitation Jun 7, 2013 12:00 AM
A Des Plaines man has been charged with soliciting sex from an undercover Elmhurst police officer posing online as a 15-year-old girl, police said Friday. Jeffrey Mytnik, 28, of the 1700 block of East Forest Avenue, was arrested in May after investigators confronted him at an undisclosed location on the 800 block of North York Road in Elmhurst, according to a news release.
2012-2013 DuPage County Academic Team Jun 7, 2013 12:00 AM
They are the among the best and brightest students at DuPage County's high schools. The ten members of the 2012-2013 DuPage County Academic Team have worked hard to get stellar grades and test scores not only to better themselves but to help improve the world around them. “I know my mission is to give everyone an equal chance to receive the most up-to-date medical treatments, regardless of which profession I choose,” writes Alana Osterling of Downers Grove North.
DuPage County academic team honorable mentionsJun 7, 2013 12:00 AM
2012-2013 DuPage County academic team honorable mentions
Softball: DuPage County all-area team Jun 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Introducing the Daily Herald's DuPage County all-area softball team.
Boys volleyball: DuPage County all-area team Jun 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Introducing the Daily Herald's DuPage County boys volleyball all-area team.
Baseball: DuPage County all-area team Jun 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Introducing the Daily Herald's DuPage County all-area baseball team.
- Barrington Hills teen charged in fatal crash
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, even series
- Schaumburg fire causes $40,000 in damages
- Body found in Yorkville home after 8 months
- Hawks stand by Hossa amid Amonte criticism
- Berrys goal lifts Fire to 2-1 win
- Aurora boy seriously injured by hit-and-run driver
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51
- Schaumburg man puts his blades to work for the Hawks
- Palatine-area family's golden retriever believed stolen
- Blackhawks beat up, and down, by Bruins
- Arlington Heights man, police in 2nd Amendment dispute
- Arlington Heights Applebee's will close
- Long-rumored gun found behind Pontiac prison wall
- No scores below 50 for U-46 students
- New Trier grad breaks into mansion for Coppola film
- Lombard restaurant at center of DuPage E. coli probe
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Blockbuster? Myspace? Blue mailbox? What year is this?
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouseman full time, M-F, forklift, benefits, Bensenville. 630-521-0970 (id:4343102) COOKS & DISHWASHERS - Cooks & Dishwashers needed exp. a plus, 35-38 hrs/wk Apply@Arrowhead Rest, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL or www.wheatonparkdistrict.com 630-653-5800 (id:4342823) FORKLIFT - Trabajo de Bodega y Forklift En Bolingbrook y Joliet Paramount Staffing (630) 771-7711 (id:4342635)
- MAINTENANCE - Hotel-Red Roof Inn seeks Main-tenance and Housekeeping per-sonal. Call Mirian (224)698-0211 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 1113 Butterfield Rd. Dnrs Gr, IL 60515 Ph(630)963-4205 (id:4343177) QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST - Real Estate -Quality Control Analyst for Real Estate information company located in Carol Stream. Fax Resume to: 630-588-4896 (id:4343202) FT VET TECH - FT experienced vet tech needed at practice in Grayslake. Fax resume attn Nicole 847.223.4748 or email email@example.com. (id:4342822)
- OFFICE - 4342873 - Office -Candy wholesaler in Des Plaines needs person for computer, take orders & some warehouse work. Must be able to speak English and Spanish. Call 847-297-6800 (id:4342873) SERVICE PLUMBERS - 4343383 - PLUMBING -Service plumbers - commercial/residential Guaranteed 40+ hrs/week. Must have minimum 5 yrs exp. Top pay/benefits/commission. Call 847-459-7385 OR fax resume 847-459-7386 (id:4343383) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 (id:4343251)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com