Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Commercial Real Estate
Elgin Tower Building project pleases surrounding businesses Oct 11, 2014 7:36 AM
A plan to convert the Elgin Tower Building into apartments is getting the thumbs-up from nearby business owners and property managers. “There is a demand,” said Katie Lange, leasing agent and assistant property manager for nearby Fountain Square on the River. Developer Richard Souyoul of Souyoul Properties in Chicago said he hopes to close on the property “very, very early next year.”
Craft brewery proposed in industrial area of Buffalo Grove Oct 11, 2014 8:23 AM
Buffalo Grove could see a new craft brewer in an industrial area along Busch Parkway. Raj Chauhan said the plan is to offer a tasting room along with retail sales. “We propose to distribute as well as sell on site,” he said.
Residents start moving into One Arlington on Arlington Downs site Oct 9, 2014 8:22 AM
After years of planning and construction, renters have started moving into One Arlington, the luxury apartment tower that was formerly the Sheraton Hotel along Euclid Avenue in Arlington Heights. The tower was granted partial occupancy on Oct. 2.
Elk Grove Food 4 Less grocer plans final checkout next month Oct 9, 2014 6:23 PM
The Food 4 Less grocery store in Elk Grove Village is scheduled to close next month due to declining sales, officials said. Located in the Mallard Crossing Shopping Center at Meacham and Nerge roads, the store “has been underperforming for quite some time,” a spokeswoman said.
Dunkin’ Donuts planned for new Mount Prospect shopping center Oct 8, 2014 7:47 PM
As demolition proceeds on the former Tri-State Electronics building along Northwest Highway in Mount Prospect, a developer is moving ahead with plans to replace it with a new shopping center that will include several tenants, including a Dunkin' Donuts.
Dist. 220 to buy 33 acres near Barrington High Oct 8, 2014 9:27 PM
The Barrington Area Unit School District 220 board entered into a contract this week to acquire more than 33 acres across Hart Road from Barrington High School. District officials say they have no immediate plans for the site, which is costing $2.35 million. “Such (real estate) needs did not appear in the budget approved last month, and that budget was characterized as challenging and tight,” one opponent said.
Des Plaines TIF restructured in hopes of spurring redevelopment Oct 8, 2014 12:48 PM
Des Plaines’ city council has formally approved ordinances restructuring a tax increment financing district, now operating in the red, in hopes of spurring redevelopment.
Chicago Mustangs to play at Sears Centre Oct 7, 2014 4:24 PM
Hoffman Estates trustees Monday approved a one-season contract for the Chicago Mustangs soccer team to play its 10 home games from Nov. 8 through the late winter at the the village-owned Sears Centre Arena. The team previously played its home games at the much smaller Grand Sports facility in Hoffman Estates, where it drew about 1,100 fans per game.
Des Plaines tries to increase visibility of Metropolitan Square Oct 7, 2014 1:14 PM
Can you find Metropolitan Square in Des Plaines? City leaders say not enough people can, and that’s why they’re paying a design firm $33,000 to find ways to spruce up the public space and draw more visitors. “God knows that whole development needs help,” said Alderman Mark Walsten, chairman of the city council’s community development committee.
After mulling sale, Silver Stallion restaurant owner to stay put in Des Plaines Oct 6, 2014 8:34 PM
The Silver Stallion restaurant in Des Plaines is keeping its doors open, even though its owner toyed with the idea of selling to a seafood restaurant. “I got so many calls every day, ‘Why you leaving? Why you sell?’” said owner Gus Kalantzis. “The best place is in Des Plaines. Right now we’re doing nothing. We’re staying here for a while.”
Hanover Park shopping center seeking village approval for new building Sep 30, 2014 4:46 PM
After struggling to land a tenant for a vacant restaurant in Hanover Park, developers are pinning their hopes on a new plan. New York-based Brixmor wants to tear down the building to make way for a new one in the Westview shopping center. “Having a vacant old building has not been very helpful for development in that area or for the shopping center,” Community Development Director Shubhra Govind said. “We’re happy to see a new building being proposed.”
Omron expands to new headquarters in Hoffman Estates Sep 29, 2014 5:32 PM
Creating a more inviting environment for customer visits without sacrificing access to transportation hubs were key reasons Omron Automation and Safety’s recently relocated from two Schaumburg buildings to one larger facility in Hoffman Estates. The new, environmentally-friendly location will serve as the headquarters for both North American and South American operations for the Japan-based corporation, Vice President of Human Resources Cindy Janssen said.
Mundelein offering Medline $1.8 million to stay in town Sep 26, 2014 5:06 AM
Medline Industries Inc., is considering whether to relocate its Mundelein headquarters and 1,600 jobs or expand on the 57-acre campus on Route 60. The village has agreed to provide up to $1.8 million in incentives and the company is said to also be discussing its plans with the state. "It would be a disappointment if Medline made any other decision but to stay in Mundelein," said Village Administrator John Lobaito.
13-year lawsuit of Sears vs. Barrington Hills, South Barrington settled Sep 26, 2014 11:30 AM
A lawsuit Sears Holding Corp. filed claiming Barrington Hills and South Barrington cost the company $15 million by interfering with its development plans has been settled with no money changing hands. Sears filed the lawsuit in 2001 to remove land-use restrictions the two villages placed on a portion of its 780-acre business park, located entirely in Hoffman Estates.
Video game-themed restaurant to open at Woodfield in January Sep 26, 2014 9:42 AM
A video game-themed restaurant and entertainment center is on track to open in January next to the Sears store at Schaumburg’s Woodfield Mall. Level 257 is a prototype concept by Namco Entertainment, Inc., the Wood Dale-based company affiliated with the makers of Pac-Man. “It’s the next level of entertainment,” a Namco executive said.
Developer to sell The Arboretum of South Barrington Sep 25, 2014 1:50 PM
The owners of The Arboretum of South Barrington are in the process of selling the shopping center, according to Michael Jaffe, whose company managed operations there since 2004. Jaffe said the Arboretum has been a very important project to his company, and he hopes his company will be kept on to manage it by its next owner. “This project was not just bricks and mortar stuck in a corner to us; it really has been a labor of love,” Jaffe said.
Mustangs hope to draw more soccer fans to Sears Centre Sep 22, 2014 9:35 PM
A national championship and a generally higher profile for the sport of soccer have inspired the Hoffman Estates-based Chicago Mustangs to grow their fan base without leaving town — moving into the relatively mammoth Sears Centre Arena.
New 236,000-square-foot distribution center being built in Des Plaines Sep 18, 2014 4:37 PM
Officials broke ground Thursday on a 236,000-square-foot distribution facility on Des Plaines’ south side that could be leased to as many as six tenants, officials said. Elk Grove Village-based Liberty Property Trust is constructing the building on a 16-acre site at 333 Howard Ave.
Rosemont to pay $1 million more for mall garage Sep 18, 2014 2:53 PM
Rosemont will pay an extra $1 million for the construction of a parking garage attached to the Fashion Outlets of Chicago as a result of soil problems, officials said. “We tried to weasel our way out of it, but we couldn’t,” said Mayor Brad Stephens, who noted that the soil issues were identified at the start of construction.
Mount Prospect McDonald's moving into old Baker's Square Sep 18, 2014 5:30 AM
McDonald's will move out of its restaurant on Rand Road in Mount Prospect and into a new location that is so close you could probably stretch a golden arch from one to the other.
- Economy in U.S. grew more than forecast in third quarter
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- No Indian mound means apartments can be built in Schaumburg
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.