Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove Park District
State grant to boost Buffalo Grove arts center Oct 13, 2014 5:30 AM
The Buffalo Grove Park District is ready to move on to the next stage for its new Community Arts Center. A $1.73 million grant from the state will help. The grant, announced Sunday, will fund improvements and additions to the center, including new art studios, a black box theater that can be used as rehearsal space and for smaller productions, a new parking lot, a new roof and a new main entrance.
BG Singers performing through Sunday in Buffalo Grove Sep 19, 2014 4:20 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s BG Singers will perform their 22nd annual choral concert, “Welcome to the Theater,” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Sept. 19-20, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21 at the Buffalo Grove Community Arts Center, 225 McHenry Road in Buffalo Grove.
Buffalo Grove street closures for Labor Day weekend race Aug 25, 2014 2:24 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s Friends of the Parks Foundation will be hosting its annual 5K and 10K race, the Buffalo Grove Stampede, on the morning of Sunday, Aug. 31. The race begins and ends at Mike Rylko Community Park near the Spray ‘N Play entrance, located at 951 McHenry Road.
Girls golf: Scouting Northwest Aug 22, 2014 7:28 PM
Here's what to expect from girls golfers in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator and Maine West this season.
Noise rules at Emmerich Park in Buffalo Grove under review Aug 7, 2014 5:30 AM
Mount Prospect’s planning and zoning commission will be considering a request by the Bills Youth Football and Cheerleading Association for use of the public address system at Emmerich Park on Sunday mornings.
Secretary of state’s mobile driver unit visits Buffalo Grove Aug. 8 Jul 31, 2014 6:36 PM
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White’s Mobile Driver Services unit will be in Buffalo Grove next week providing a Rules of the road review class, driver’s license renewals and other services. The unit will be at Buffalo Grove Park District’s Alcott Center, 530 Bernard Drive, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 8.
Buffalo Grove moves Night Out back to Willow Stream Park Jul 23, 2014 4:41 PM
Buffalo Grove is moving its annual National Night Out back to Willow Stream Park this year, scrapping earlier plans to hold the Aug. 5 event at Mike Rylko Community Park. The Night Out will feature free food, live music, a business expo, games and attractions for children, and interactive displays by the Buffalo Grove Police and Fire departments.
“Shrek, The Musical” now playing in Buffalo Grove Jul 17, 2014 4:36 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s theater company, Big Deal Productions, will perform its summer musical, “Shrek The Musical,” this weekend and next as the opening show in the new state-of-the-art theater inside the Buffalo Grove Community Arts Center.
Buffalo Grove clears way for golf dome update Jul 13, 2014 4:27 PM
The Buffalo Grove village board has approved an ordinance amending the special-use permit allowing the park district to operate its golf dome. The move will enable the park district to upgrade the Golf and Sports Center, 801 McHenry Road.
Buffalo Grove Park District Raupp Museum receives state grant Jun 23, 2014 3:54 PM
Governor Pat Quinn announced last Saturday that the Buffalo Grove Park District’s Raupp Museum will be receiving a $51,000 grant from the Illinois Public Museums Capital Grant Program. The money will be used to add a gas station and a 1937 Ford truck to the Raupp Museum’s Crossroads Gallery.
Raupp Museum in Buffalo Grove receives state grant Jun 19, 2014 12:35 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s Raupp Museum will be receiving a $51,000 grant from the Illinois Public Museums Capital Grant Program. The money will be used to add a gas station and a 1937 Ford truck to the museum’s Crossroads Gallery. The museum was one of two in Lake County and 47 statewide to receive the grants.
Renovations coming for Buffalo Grove golf dome Jun 19, 2014 4:20 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s golf dome is due for a makeover, including a new heating system and replacement of the exterior dome material. To allow that to happen, Buffalo Grove village board members said this week they would draft an ordinance extending the site’s special use permit. Trustees stopped short, however, of granting the park district’s request to grant the dome permanent status.
Buffalo Grove Green Fair coming Sunday Jun 18, 2014 5:06 PM
The third annual Buffalo Grove Green Fair, sponsored by the Buffalo Grove Park District’s Environmental Action Team, will be held from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, June 22, at Mike Rylko Community Park, 951 McHenry Road.
Movies Under the Stars in Buffalo Grove kicks off June 27 Jun 17, 2014 4:01 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District will be showing three free movies this summer at Willow Stream Park, 651 Old Checker Road, as part of their Movies Under the Stars series. The first movie will be “Frozen” on June 27, sponsored by Forsight Vision. Other movies include “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” on July 18, sponsored by Ernie’s Wrecker, and “Despicable Me 2” on Aug. 1, sponsored by Waste Management.
Bring your recyclables to Buffalo Grove Green Fair Jun 11, 2014 12:52 PM
The third annual Buffalo Grove Green Fair, sponsored by the Buffalo Grove Park District’s Environmental Action Team, will be held from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, June 22.
Buffalo Grove park theater nearing completion May 2, 2014 1:15 PM
Buffalo Grove village board members Thursday took a construction tour of the Buffalo Grove Park District's Community Arts Center, whose interim theater is expected to be completed May 31 and hosting a local production of “Shrek” on July 24. The interim theater being built with $395,000 of park district funds is seen as a way of getting some immediate use out of the center.
Buffalo Grove Senior Expo April 29 Apr 14, 2014 3:13 PM
The 14th annual Buffalo Grove Senior Citizen Expo will take place from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 29, at The Arboretum Club, 401 Half Day Road, in Buffalo Grove.
Buffalo Grove parks honored for financial reporting Apr 9, 2014 5:24 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. The award honors excellence in the district’s comprehensive annual financial report.
Buffalo Grove parks leader Schimmel retiring; deputy set to take over Mar 31, 2014 1:39 PM
Buffalo Grove Park District Executive Director Dan Schimmel will retire at the end of the year, the district announced Monday, ending a nearly 24-year run with the district that included roles in the construction of the Buffalo Grove Fitness Center and Buffalo Grove Golf and Sports Center facilities. He will be replaced by the agency’s current deputy director, Ryan Risinger.
Bozek honored in Buffalo Grove Mar 24, 2014 9:57 PM
Olympic silver medalist and Buffalo Grove resident Megan Bozek was honored Monday night at the Buffalo Grove Park District board of commissioners meeting. “Because of her success on the hockey team we wanted to honor her accomplishments.” Dan Schimmel, executive-director for the Buffalo Grove Park District said.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Judge rules against nurse's quarantine
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email email@example.com (id:4389553) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR - Maintenance Director Long Term Care Facility is in need of a Maintenance Director. Responsibilities include oversight and repairs for all major equipment and facility grounds required for a 262-bed health Care facility, supervision of three employees, maintenance of plant operation logs, carrying out employee fire drills and other Life Safety requirements. Prior experience in nursing home maintenance preferred. Interested individuals apply to: Bill McNiff, Administrator Lee Manor, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL 60018 firstname.lastname@example.org 847-635-4000 (id:4389360) WAREHOUSE - Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) EOE m/f/d/v Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4389574) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981)
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.