Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Community celebrates at library open house Sep 20, 2013 9:39 PM
Sunday is typically a busy day at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, but on Aug. 18, the crowd swelled for an open house that celebrated the newly renovated library. The party atmosphere offered activities for all ages and highlighted all the new ways residents can use the library for gathering, learning and creating.
Teen film fest tonight at Arlington Heights library Aug 16, 2013 2:16 PM
The 7th annual Arlington Heights Teen Film Fest wraps up tonight with a screening of all the winning films, 7-9 p.m. at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave.
Creative Exploring is picking up STEAM - teens at the library Aug 2, 2013 6:17 PM
Drop by the Arlington Heights Memorial Library this month and see all of the imaginative creations made by teens this summer in the library’s teen space, the Hub. The Teen DIY exhibit located near the Marketplace features artwork, collages and DIY projects like a marble machine, string art, an LED greeting card and wax stamp art.
Arlington library users can drop it off at the park Jun 28, 2013 9:33 PM
Arlington Heights Memorial Library users living in the northern part of Arlington Heights now have the added convenience of returning their library items at book drops located at Camelot and Frontier parks.
Creator of adaptive books for disabled children honors her daughter May 24, 2013 1:03 PM
Parents of disabled children don't have time to go to the library, says Rita Angelini. But if they did, they'd find children's books to take home that the Prospect Heights woman has adapted especially for their children to read.
Contest winners dine with bestselling author May 3, 2013 4:52 PM
The Arlington Heights Memorial Library recently hosted Vanessa Diffenbaugh, The New York Times bestselling author of "The Language of Flowers" for its From Page to Stage event held at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre.
Zyck grateful for support and trust Apr 22, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Greg Zyck is grateful for the support he got running for the Arlington Heights library board, and pledges he will take the responsibility very seriously.
Zyck, Brody Garkisch eager to start work on Arlington Hts. library board Apr 10, 2013 12:17 AM
Joan Brody Garkisch and Greg Zyck will be the two newest members of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library board, according to unofficial vote totals on Tuesday. “I’m just so thrilled that enough people in the village trusted me to step up and help this library,” Zyck said. “I’m so looking forward to helping them continue the success they’ve had.”
Let’s put Zyck on the library board Apr 5, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: "As library trustee (Greg Zyck) wants to help the library continue to adapt to the cyber world, make certain the entire community knows all the great services the library offers, and make the library an even better place," writes Ray Berry.
We have the right to vote -- so let’s use it Apr 5, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: "Men and women who have served in our military over the many generations have made incredible sacrifices to ensure our right to vote, so ... let's double the number of voters who will vote on April 9th since our last election cycle," writes Will Beiersdorf.
Please put Zyck on the library board Apr 3, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Florian Wasik of Arlington Heights is enthusiastic about Greg Zyck running for the Arlington Heights library board.
Brody Garkisch will be good for library Apr 3, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Peggy Kelly is supporting Joan Brody Garkisch for Alrington Hts. library trustee. "In our work together I've witnessed first hand Joan's ability to attend to details while keeping the big picture in mind," she writes.
Zyck has ‘a passion for public service’ Apr 3, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: I encourage Arlington Heights residents to vote for Greg Zyck for Arlington Heights Public Library Board trustee," writes Lesley Ury.
See rebroadcast of Arlington Hts. candidate forum Mar 26, 2013 8:38 PM
Viewers can see a rebroadcast of the March 16 forum for Arlington Heights mayoral, trustee and library candidates on YouTube or local cable television.
Endorsements: Garkisch, Zyck for Arlington Heights library board Mar 21, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Joan Brody Garkisch and Greg Zyck for the Arlington Heights Memorial Library board.
Put Brody Garkisch on the library board Mar 18, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Monica Benz of Arlington Hts. says her vote for library board will go to Joan Brody Garkisch. "Blending her expertise in securing public grant monies with her understanding of the importance of providing forward thinking library service to the community make her the right person," she writes.
Arlington Hts. library candidates discuss future direction Mar 17, 2013 4:02 PM
Is it about books or about technology? Arlington Heights Memorial Library board candidates dug into what a library's role should be at a weekend forum. Four hopefuls are running for two open spots.
Greg Zyck a good fit for library board Mar 12, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Anne Marie Gerhardt is enthusiastic about candidate Greg Zyck for the Arlington Heights Library board. "Greg is a longtime resident and family man who deeply cares about our community, especially the services many of us take advantage of, such as our great library," she writes.
Teens, businesses connect at Arlington Hts. job fair Mar 9, 2013 1:27 PM
T-ball instructor. Receptionist. Landscaper. Cashier. Bagger. Dishwasher.Arlington Heights businesses are looking to fill these jobs — and then some — and they got the word out to their target employment pool Saturday morning at the first Teen Job Fair. "The goal is to get it out there that we have jobs for them," said Matt Healy, athletic supervisor with the Arlington Heights Park District.
Arlington Heights candidate forum March 16 Feb 25, 2013 4:36 PM
Candidates for Arlington Heights village president, village trustee and library board trustee will participate in a candidate forum presented by the League of Women Voters of Arlington Heights-Mount Prospect-Buffalo Grove on Saturday, March 16. The candidate forum begins at 9:30 a.m. at Arlington Heights Village Hall, 33 S. Arlington Heights Road.
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Inmate described as delusional gets execution date
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Judge denies delay for Crystal Lake bleacher demolition
- Kane County launches, plans to expand peer jury program
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.