Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Zyck grateful for support and trust Apr 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Greg Zyck is grateful for the support he got running for the Arlington Heights library board, and pledges he will take the responsibility very seriously.
Zyck, Brody Garkisch eager to start work on Arlington Hts. library board Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Joan Brody Garkisch and Greg Zyck will be the two newest members of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library board, according to unofficial vote totals on Tuesday. “I’m just so thrilled that enough people in the village trusted me to step up and help this library,” Zyck said. “I’m so looking forward to helping them continue the success they’ve had.”
Let’s put Zyck on the library board Apr 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: "As library trustee (Greg Zyck) wants to help the library continue to adapt to the cyber world, make certain the entire community knows all the great services the library offers, and make the library an even better place," writes Ray Berry.
We have the right to vote -- so let’s use it Apr 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: "Men and women who have served in our military over the many generations have made incredible sacrifices to ensure our right to vote, so ... let's double the number of voters who will vote on April 9th since our last election cycle," writes Will Beiersdorf.
Please put Zyck on the library board Apr 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Florian Wasik of Arlington Heights is enthusiastic about Greg Zyck running for the Arlington Heights library board.
Brody Garkisch will be good for library Apr 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Peggy Kelly is supporting Joan Brody Garkisch for Alrington Hts. library trustee. "In our work together I've witnessed first hand Joan's ability to attend to details while keeping the big picture in mind," she writes.
Zyck has ‘a passion for public service’ Apr 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: I encourage Arlington Heights residents to vote for Greg Zyck for Arlington Heights Public Library Board trustee," writes Lesley Ury.
See rebroadcast of Arlington Hts. candidate forum Mar 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Viewers can see a rebroadcast of the March 16 forum for Arlington Heights mayoral, trustee and library candidates on YouTube or local cable television.
Endorsements: Garkisch, Zyck for Arlington Heights library board Mar 21, 2013 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Joan Brody Garkisch and Greg Zyck for the Arlington Heights Memorial Library board.
Put Brody Garkisch on the library board Mar 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Monica Benz of Arlington Hts. says her vote for library board will go to Joan Brody Garkisch. "Blending her expertise in securing public grant monies with her understanding of the importance of providing forward thinking library service to the community make her the right person," she writes.
Arlington Hts. library candidates discuss future direction Mar 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Is it about books or about technology? Arlington Heights Memorial Library board candidates dug into what a library's role should be at a weekend forum. Four hopefuls are running for two open spots.
Greg Zyck a good fit for library board Mar 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Anne Marie Gerhardt is enthusiastic about candidate Greg Zyck for the Arlington Heights Library board. "Greg is a longtime resident and family man who deeply cares about our community, especially the services many of us take advantage of, such as our great library," she writes.
Teens, businesses connect at Arlington Hts. job fair Mar 9, 2013 12:00 AM
T-ball instructor. Receptionist. Landscaper. Cashier. Bagger. Dishwasher.Arlington Heights businesses are looking to fill these jobs — and then some — and they got the word out to their target employment pool Saturday morning at the first Teen Job Fair. "The goal is to get it out there that we have jobs for them," said Matt Healy, athletic supervisor with the Arlington Heights Park District.
Arlington Heights candidate forum March 16 Feb 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidates for Arlington Heights village president, village trustee and library board trustee will participate in a candidate forum presented by the League of Women Voters of Arlington Heights-Mount Prospect-Buffalo Grove on Saturday, March 16. The candidate forum begins at 9:30 a.m. at Arlington Heights Village Hall, 33 S. Arlington Heights Road.
Arlington Heights struggles to gain interest in teen job fairFeb 19, 2013 12:00 AM
With less than three weeks until the first Teen Job Fair in Arlington Heights, officials are still trying to get more employers involved to make sure the event doesn't have to be canceled for the second year in a row. So far four employers have signed up to participate.
Teen art work will grace The Hub at Arlington library Feb 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Artwork made by four area teens has been chosen for The Hub, the new teen area at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library set to debut in April. "Teens are a huge market for us," says Debbie Smart, library trustee. "We've seen a real void in the community with the closing of the Teen Center."
Suburban libraries go digital, add servicesFeb 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Libraries across the suburbs have evolved in recent years to stay relevant in an increasingly digital age. Many have incorporated sophisticated new technology that allows users to create digital content. Area libraries have also diversified their programs and devoted more space and resource to teens, among other changes. The result? Near-record circulation levels for many libraries.
Tiana Brazzale: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Tiana Brazzale, running for Arlington Heights Library Board (6-year Terms)
Joan Brody Garkisch: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Joan Brody Garkisch, running for Arlington Heights Library Board (6-year Terms)
Greg Zyck: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Greg Zyck, running for Arlington Heights Library Board (6-year Terms)
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- With trade, Cubs' Epstein sees light at end of tunnel
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- McCarthy and Falcone are goofballs in matrimony
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service -Now Hiring Managers and Crew for a new McDonalds in Lake Zurich on 123 Quentin RD. Immediate Interviews on Monday and Thursday 9am-5pm at 653 Rand Rd in Lake Zurich. (id:4377366) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4378623) A/R BILLING & COLLECTIONS - Accounts Receivable -Elk Grove Contractor seeks talented individual to integrate into busy office environment & perform: Billing, A/R, Collections. Will work closely with Service & New Construction Dpts. Minimum related work history of 5 yrs a must. Req'd to possess strg computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Knowledge of Construction billing & AIA con-tracts preferable. The right candidate will establish their own workflow to meet demand- ing daily needs. Exc. pay/bene- fits. resume email@example.com (id:4377060)
- SR ART DIRECTOR - Senior Art Director Sr Art Director (Print, Display, Retail Design, Merchandising Design & Digital): With Copywriter, develop bold, strategic & award-winning creative print, display & digital advertising campaign components from concept to execution. Duties: generate creative concepts & develop advertising art across all shopper touchpoints, incl print/digital, retail messaging/merch; present concepts, refine/develop ideas; review through prod; mock up graphics w/verbal/email/sketch direction; lead/collaborate with photogs, retouching houses, etc.; attend/lead dvlpmt mtgs; manage schedules. Lead jr members of team. Chicago loop loc. Req's B.A. in Design, Communication Design or related & 2 yrs exp as ad agency Art Director on print & digital projects. Exp must incl a) designing Retail Marketing comms/messaging solutions, b) application of theory/practices of retail design, & c) Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Powerpoint, Keynote & Mac. College must have incl'd 2 courses in Typography & 1 course in Illustration or work exp must have incl'd 2 yrs in Typography & 1 yr in Illustration. Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4379055) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) JOB FAIR - In House Job Fair Hiring for: Residential Sales Representative In House Job Fair Wednesday, July 9th 6:00pm -8:00pm 1030 National Parkway Schaumburg, IL 60173 Interested applicants, apply via www.wowwway.com (id:4377233)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.