Activate Your Free
Articles filed under 14th Congressional District
Lack of debate, money highlight 14th Congress race Oct 28, 2014 5:45 PM
Despite both 14th Congressional candidates saying they welcomed debate in the race, it never materialized. Democratic challenger Dennis Anderson and his supporters have called out GOP Randy Hultgren on the issue.
Sex slavery rampant in the suburbs, experts say Oct 24, 2014 1:35 PM
Sex slavery is rampant in the suburbs and Chicago, say FBI agents and victims advocates. About 25,000 women and underage girls are trafficked in, around and through local neighborhoods each year. "The people responsible for these crimes are the pimps and johns and those making money from the slaves,” said Congressman Randy Hultgren. "It's a local problem."
14th Congressional District candidates cite debt, dysfunction as top woes Oct 24, 2014 7:35 PM
Congressman Randy Hultgren says the biggest problem facing the nation is out-of-control debt, but he thinks it can be addressed with some long-term planning. His Democratic challenger, Dennis Anderson, said congressional dysfunction and gridlock is the biggest problem facing the nation. He's advocating compromise.
14th candidates spar on keeping companies in America Oct 21, 2014 5:50 PM
Incumbent U.S. Rep. Republican Randy Hultgren believes the United States must follow the examples of the tax codes in foreign nations attracting American corporations to end the phenomenon of corporate inversion. But his opponent, Democrat Dennis Anderson, believes the real problem is corporations putting too much emphasis on increasing shareholder value rather than reinvesting into the company.
14th Congressional candidates disagree on how to combat ISIS Oct 18, 2014 7:36 AM
Randy Hultgren, the incumbent Republican in the 14th Congressional District, wants more congressional input on where and how American military force is used around the globe. But his Democratic challenger, Dennis Anderson, said the U.S. must learn from its "mistakes" in Iraq and Afghanistan by developing something other than a military solution to terrorist groups in the Middle East.
Minimum wage divides 14th Congressional candidates Oct 16, 2014 10:06 PM
Candidates for the 14th Congressional District have opposing views on increasing the minimum wage. Incumbent Republican Randy Hultgren fears it would kill jobs. He wants to create more non-entry level jobs via tax reform. Challenger Dennis Anderson, a Democrat, believes an increase would spur spending and fuel economic growth.
Our endorsement for Congress, Dist. 14: Hultgren Oct 13, 2014 11:26 AM
The Daily Herald recommends Randy Hultgren for the 14th Congressional District seat.
Randy Hultgren: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:54 PM
Candidate information for Randy Hultgren, running for 14th District U.S. Representative
Dennis Anderson: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:54 PM
Candidate information for Dennis Anderson, running for 14th District U.S. Representative
Hultgren ducking LWV forum request Oct 2, 2014 4:46 PM
A Kane County letter to the editor: The Central Kane County, Elgin, McHenry County and DeKalb County Leagues have asked Rep. Randy Hultgren on multiple occasions to participate in a forum in anticipation of the Nov. 4 election. Unfortunately, Mr. Hultgren and has staff have failed to respond to these requests.
Hultgren hears about Common Core pitfalls during roundtable Aug 26, 2014 5:30 AM
Congressman Randy Hultgren still has concerns about Common Core standards coming to Illinois. But having accepted Illinois' embrace of Common Core, he hosted a discussion Monday night about how to avoid major problems with the implementation.
Hultgren holds meeting on reducing backlog of veteran claims Jul 18, 2014 5:21 PM
Congressman Randy Hultgren sorted through gripes with various veterans groups about the quality of services they receive through the government Friday. Chief among the complaints is an average three year waiting time to work through the appeals process when benefits are denied. One interesting proposal involved a process that defaults in favor of the veteran if the appeal isn't handled in a timely fashion.
Rauner joins Duffy on barbershop tour Jun 13, 2014 5:26 AM
Republican candidate for governor Bruce Rauner joined state Sen. Dan Duffy of Lake Barrington on a tour of barbershops on the South Side of Chicago last weekend. Duffy, who was born on the South Side, has done the tour via the Young Government organization regularly over the past five years in an effort to learn the concerns of small business owners and voters in the black community.
State law requires millions of dollars in mailers Jun 6, 2014 8:15 AM
Democracy costs money, and the multiple efforts to change the Illinois Constitution on the ballot in November could cost the state as much as $4 million in printing, mailing and advertising to tell you about it. State law requires Secretary of State Jesse White's office to print and mail about 5.4 million pamphlets — one to every household in the state, plus a few to keep around if anyone wants one.
Democrat Anderson bashes GOP during forum Jun 4, 2014 10:46 AM
Urged on by a left-leaning audience, Democratic congressional candidate Dennis Anderson engaged in some Republican Party bashing Tuesday night in St. Charles. He's challenging Republican Randy Hultgren for the 14th Congressional District seat in November. Anderson also once again put out a challenge to incumbent Republican Randy Hultgren of Winfield to debate him on any or all of those statements. Hultgren and Anderson only had one full debate in their 2012 race.
Congressman gives low priority to immigration, minimum wage May 15, 2014 11:01 PM
Congressman Randy Hultgren faced questions about immigration reform, Russia's threats regarding the International Space Station and healthcare reform at a Batavia luncheon Thursday.
Anderson seeks to force Hultgren into public debate May 13, 2014 4:19 PM
In an effort to force U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren to debate, Democrat Dennis Anderson announced a series of town-hall meetings on key issues.
Could a court end red light cameras? May 8, 2014 6:15 PM
Will an Illinois Supreme Court case eliminate red light cameras for good? The argument against them will sound familiar. Democratic U.S. Rep.Bill Foster of Naperville, one of Congress’ only scientists, weighs in on the global warming report from this week. And Greg Baise says special interests are bad, except his.
Hultgren unveils proposed solutions to heroin problem Mar 31, 2014 5:56 PM
Congressman Randy Hultgren unveiled a preliminary list of solutions for what federal, state and local leaders can do to address a growing problem with heroin use. The suggestions came from a recent brainstorming panel Hultgren hosted with more than 50 leaders involved in the drug war.
New Republican faces line up for central committee posts Mar 28, 2014 5:41 PM
Only one suburban member of the Illinois Republican Party State Central Committee is running for re-election next month. In the 10th Congressional District, committeeman Mark Shaw of Lake Forest is running for another term against challenger Louis Atsaves, also of Lake Forest. Other districts feature battles between newcomers.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Quinn urges deal in Waukegan teacher strike
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Lake Zurich native fundraising for Guatemalan orphanage
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Indications point to Maddon, but Cubs mum
- Washington school shooter memorialized with victims
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- 11 tall towers envisioned for one Des Plaines complex
- New lanes to open on I-90 tollway
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Elgin man charged with his 5th DUI
- Obama says U.S. can't shy away from Ebola battle
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- New crew needed to right the ship
- Rauner endorsement was right move
- Answering questions about District 116's ballot issue
- Carol Stream man gets 35 years for sexual assaults
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Bears should move on without Cutler
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245)
- SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
- HEALTH CARE RECEPTIONIST - PT - Receptionist -Busy OB/GYN office in Bloomingdale seeking part time receptionist. 2 to 3 evenings and every other Saturday. Experience needed. Fax resume to: 630-980-0971 (id:4389164) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.