Jun 19 2013 | 5:29 pm
- The Geneva Park District wants residents' opinions about what it should do as it starts making a new master plan. A community meeting seeking input will be held Tuesday.
Jun 14 2013 | 3:20 pm
- The former manager of a St. Charles bank pleaded guilty Friday to stealing from one of its clients. Lynn Pranga was sentenced to 200 hours of community service, two years of probation, and has to repay $21,900.
Jun 13 2013 | 4:46 pm
- The annual Batavia Green Walk Saturday has grown, with plans for 70 exhibitors and vendors on all manner of topics related to healthful living, reducing waste, using less fossil-fueled energy and more.
Jun 13 2013 | 2:53 pm
- Did the Geneva Library annex a narrow piece of land to prevent the Batavia Library from annexing its land, or was it just the side effect of the Geneva Library pursuing its long-held objective of providing service to Geneva school district residents?
Jun 10 2013 | 11:38 pm
- The Geneva school district is tentatively proposing to spend $58.26 million in its education fund in the fiscal year that starts July 1, 2.89 percent more than it plans to spend this year.
Jun 11 2013 | 6:33 pm
- A Geneva man already facing charges of delivering Ecstasy was arrested at a local Starbucks and charged with possession of heroin. Tyler E. White, 21, of the 300 block of North First Street, was arrested at 8:21 p.m. Monday at the Starbucks at 229...
Jun 11 2013 | 11:06 pm
- The Batavia City Council is trying out a different way of doing business, and getting used to a bunch of new faces and opinions, in a process that is still a little rough around the edges.
Jun 11 2013 | 5:08 pm
- The Geneva school district managed to raise a little cash with auctions of items from Coultrap School in April, to put toward the demolition of the building. And what it didn't sell, it gave to three grateful schools in Aurora and Elgin.
Jun 10 2013 | 11:07 pm
- North Aurora is dropping its electricity provider and going back to ComEd, at least through October, as ComEd prices are now cheaper.
Jun 10 2013 | 6:00 pm
- Sugar Grove has hired a new police chief, Pat Rollins. Rollins may be best known as the deputy chief in Lombard that made sure golfer Rory McIlroy made it to the Ryder Cup in time to play last year at Medinah Country Club.