Apr 18 2014 | 5:41 pm
- An Elgin man with a history of violence -- including beating a store clerk with a pipe wrench -- was sentenced Thursday to 15 years in prison for dealing cocaine.
Apr 17 2014 | 12:43 pm
- Getting down Houston Street in downtown Batavia will be a little difficult next week, as the city replaces a water main along it. Water Street between Wilson Street and Houston will also get a new water main.
Apr 17 2014 | 5:24 pm
- The Geneva school district would sell back 26 buses, and buy 25 new, under a proposed 2014-15 transportation fund budget. And it may spend operations and maintenance fund money on bullet-resistant window film and a wall-mounted police alert system...
Apr 17 2014 | 6:13 pm
- A Kane County judge Thursday ordered county animal control workers, sheriff's deputies and other investigators to refrain from speaking about the Stacy Fiebelkorn animal neglect and cruelty case, to preserve her right to a fair trial by jury.
Apr 16 2014 | 12:39 pm
- Winter put a $239,000 beatdown on the Batavia budget for street department overtime, double time and contracts related to removing snow and ice, according to a report made to the city council Tuesday.
Apr 16 2014 | 5:32 am
- A proposal to take the Thomle Building off the City of Batavia's hands has fallen through. The would-be owners wanted to combine the riverside building with the one next door, but couldn't reach an agreement with the owner of that building,...
Apr 14 2014 | 11:47 pm
- The Geneva school board has decided it is officially open to stretching out the district's debt payment plan to keep the property taxes collected for debt level, even if it means ultimately paying more.
Apr 14 2014 | 3:47 pm
- Stacy Fiebelkorn Monday volunteered to give up ownership of two goats, the last of the 90-plus animals seized from her last month. With that, Kane County Circuit Court Associate Judge Elizabeth Flood agreed to close a forfeiture case brought against...
Apr 13 2014 | 8:10 am
- Kane County Animal Control is trying to do what it can to make sure the animals involved in a March neglect and cruelty case end up in good homes. As of Friday, adoptions were finalized for all but seven of the 90-plus animals that Stacy Fiebelkorn...
Apr 11 2014 | 6:19 am
- Genevans are starting to join Batavians in noticing, and complaining, about the rising cost of their electricity, due in part to the towns' use of electricity from the Prairie State Energy Campus.