May 21 2013 | 11:32 pm
- Batavia police are pleased with the results of the test of a crime-free rental housing initiative that they say is resulting in fewer calls for service to eight of the town's apartment complexes.
May 20 2013 | 10:08 pm
- Tom Simonian was appointed as 5th Ward alderman in Geneva Monday night, taking the place of the late Ralph Dantino. Two aldermen, however, critized the appointment process, saying not enough information was presented to the council before it was...
May 18 2013 | 7:37 pm
- Park Ridge police are asking people who had dealings with David Ray Wooten to talk to them, as they say the man may have befriended them, then stole from them.
May 17 2013 | 4:46 pm
- Batavia school board member Kathleen Roberts is resigning after 22 years on the board.
May 15 2013 | 11:29 am
- The Sugar Grove Park District is getting $400,000 from the state toward the development of a park near Harter Middle School, the governor's office announced Monday. The Fox Valley Park District is also getting money for redevelopment of Jericho...
May 15 2013 | 11:13 pm
- Waubonsee Community College is selling its former downtown Aurora campus for $1.5 million to a firm interested in turning the two buildings into stores and apartments. The college board approved the sale Wednesday night to Gorman and Co. It expects...
May 15 2013 | 6:35 pm
- A 23-year-old North Aurora woman was killed Wednesday when the car in which she was riding was struck by a truck on Fabyan Parkway in Geneva, police said. According to Geneva police, the car was exiting a private driveway on the south side of Fabyan...
May 16 2013 | 2:39 pm
- The City of Batavia has received two proposals to take the Thomle Building off its hands. One would put in a martini bar; the other would combine it with the building next door, for shops and apartments.
May 14 2013 | 5:20 pm
- In the wake of April's deluge that left some residents with flooded basements, Geneva is reminding residents that it is willing to help pay for one fix: Installing overhead sewers in basements.
May 13 2013 | 11:14 pm
- Commuters won't see a third floor built on the Geneva parking deck this summer, as Metra has asked Geneva to reject a construction contract that came in 33 percent higher than expected. Metra also said the low bidder didn't seem tobe committed to...