Dec 02 2013 | 8:09 pm
- Fall rematches are on tap for seats on Kane County Board Districts 19 and 23, the result of the same candidates filing for the March primary. But there are contested primaries for the 11th District county board seat being vacated by Mike Donahue.
Dec 02 2013 | 10:21 pm
- Filing came to a close Monday, resulting in contested races for Kane County Board, as well as sheriff and county clerk. In McHenry County, four of six county board races have contested primaries. Republicans are squaring off for sheriff, clerk and...
Dec 02 2013 | 9:41 pm
- The Batavia City Council has put a six-month moratorium on considering businesses that don't generate sales tax and want to locate in general commercial districts. Officials are worried about sales tax receipts declining if such uses as banks, gyms...
Nov 26 2013 | 10:58 pm
- See how a Geneva couple has made a Craftsman house the place they intend to nurture their family for years to come, on the annual Christmas House Walk Dec. 6 and 7.
Nov 29 2013 | 4:16 pm
- Two more people have filed for the March primary for Kane County offices.
Nov 29 2013 | 12:52 pm
- An Elgin man was charged with murdering his 88-year-old neighbor Nov. 22. Matthew L. Stoecklein, of the 700 block of Jefferson St., was arrested Wednesday night in the parking lot of the apartment where he and John Poyer lived, police said. "The...
Nov 29 2013 | 1:33 pm
- Free community dinners in Elgin and St. Charles fed spirits as well as appetites Thanksgiving Day. "It is such a wonderful community event," Lazarus House executive director Donna Bauer said of the organization's St. Charles event. "It's a big...
Nov 27 2013 | 8:16 am
- The Batavia Community Garden may want to look sooner than later for a new home, after a Batavia alderman suggested the site be returned to property-tax-producing status.
Nov 27 2013 | 4:55 pm
- A bucket truck here, brush and leaf collection there: Batavia officials are putting the final adjustments on the proposed 2014 budget, which the city council will vote on Monday.
Nov 26 2013 | 5:26 am
- Batavia school officials are asking for 12.9 percent more in operating property taxes, to get all they can in the year the Aurora outlet mall is put on their books as new construction. But some district residents say keep taxes the same, shifting...