Oct 22 2014 | 11:48 pm
- Batavia officials are increasingly irate over the status of the grounds of the former Siemens factory. The buildings were torn down five years ago, but Siemens has yet to remove foundations and plant a lawn. “It looks like a bomb has gone off...
Oct 22 2014 | 6:44 pm
- A Kane County judge has agreed not to immediately certify results of a Nov. 4 referendum asking if some properties should be allowed to disconnect from the Elburn Fire Protection District. Circuit Judge David Akemann agreed to the delay Monday at...
Oct 22 2014 | 6:13 pm
- Gasoline prices at some spots in the Western suburbs are the lowest they have been in several years, dipping below $3 a gallon last week for 87 octane regular unleaded.
Oct 21 2014 | 12:35 am
- Batavia wants to extend the expiration date on its ability to offer financial incentives for development in the downtown, to 2039. The council voted Monday to ask the General Assembly for permission to extend tax-increment financing district 3.
Oct 21 2014 | 6:04 pm
- A paint-wielding vandal has defaced a Christian shrine, left over from the days when the Kane County Government Center was a Catholic seminary, in the woods of the campus in Geneva.
Oct 19 2014 | 7:18 am
- Spending 14 weeks in hospital beds and a wheelchair could have ruined the summer for 15-year-old Lindsey McDonald of Geneva, injured when a horse fell on her. But she chose to concentrate on making life a little better for other patients at Ann and...
Oct 17 2014 | 6:09 pm
- Two Batavia residents have been charged with robbery, mob action and battery, accused of beating on a 16-year-old girl and stealing marijuana from her, Batavia police report.
Oct 17 2014 | 6:05 pm
- The city of Geneva has decided to do more with social media, by starting an Instagram account and a YouTube channel.
Oct 16 2014 | 4:39 pm
- Youth soccer, baseball and lacrosse players may get to use part of a 60-acre site the Kane County Forest Preserve District recently purchased in Blackberry Township. The former Gum family farm, on Bateman Road, is just south of McNair Field, where...
Oct 15 2014 | 3:58 pm
- Questions about whether property taxes would go up, why the district wants artificial turf fields and more were raised Tuesday at a Batavia school district meeting about an advisory referendum on borrowing $15 million for capital projects.