Dec 22 2014 | 6:35 pm
- Campton Hills President Patsy Smith is not seeking re-election. A Batavia man is running for both city council and school board. So is a Lily Lake trustee. Two veteran Geneva alderman are stepping away. This, as the deadline came Monday for people...
Dec 17 2014 | 4:33 pm
- Ron Rechenmacher of Batavia is seeking election to the Batavia City Council and the Batavia school board. Sort of. He doesn't want to serve both, and likely couldn't, but he filed for both offices to ensure competition for the seats, he said Tuesday.
Dec 17 2014 | 6:50 pm
- Shirley Rauschenberger, who served on the Elgin Area U-46 school board and was a leader in many organizations, including the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and the Open Door Clinic, died Dec. 15, at age 88. "She had a very strong personality and a very...
Dec 17 2014 | 5:45 pm
- Sugar Grove Trustee Bob Bohler resigned Tuesday, due to ill health. "I think we have seen a lot of things come down that are positive for the village," he said of his nearly 18 years on the board.
Dec 16 2014 | 2:45 pm
- A St. Charles-area home sustained $200,000 damage to the building and contents, in a midnight fire Tuesday.
Dec 15 2014 | 9:27 pm
- The Kaneland school board hired Todd Leden, principal of Fenton High School and associate superintendent of Fenton District 100 in Bensenville, as the new superintendent Monday.
Dec 15 2014 | 7:59 pm
- The Batavia school board race in April will be a highly contested one, as eight people filed this morning for theree seats. And one of those candidates is also seeking a seat on the Batavia City Council.
Dec 12 2014 | 6:00 pm
- Kane County is in the final stages of negotiating a deal with the Geneva Library for the sale of the county's Sixth Street School property.The sale would trigger the move of the Kane County Regional Office of Education, the possible sale of the...
Dec 11 2014 | 11:21 pm
- The second finalist for Kaneland School District’s top job — the superintendent of a one-school district in South suburban Lockport — told an audience Thursday that his decisions are filtered by one primary concern.
Dec 10 2014 | 10:56 pm
- Geneva schools are looking at spending more than $9 million over the next seven years on repairs and security to improvements to buildings, according to plans presented Monday to the school board.