Nov 25 2014 | 11:46 pm
- The Batavia committee of the whole decided Tuesday that the city can afford to hold off increasing the brush-and-leaf-pickup fee. There had been talk of raising it $1 a month, to $48 annually per residential utility bill, because the price of brush...
Nov 24 2014 | 5:48 pm
- No primary will be needed in North Aurora, as only five people are running for the three seats on the village board.
Nov 21 2014 | 6:08 am
- Kane County Clerk Jack Cunningham pleaded guilty Thursday to violating the county's ethics ordinance when he conducted campaign business via his county email. "I screwed up," he told reporters after his hearing.
Nov 20 2014 | 10:43 am
- The attorney for Richard Schmelzer, charged with murdering his grandmother, is questioning a visit Tuesday by police to Schmelzer at the Kane County jail. He told a Kane County judge Wednesday that the officers talked to Schmelzer about his family...
Nov 19 2014 | 5:38 pm
- Prosecutors say Chase West is eligible for up to 75 years in prison if convicted of attempted murder. West is one of three men accused of attempted murder in the shooting of three workers during an armed robbery Sept. 4 at a KFC restaurant in...
Nov 19 2014 | 4:20 pm
- Enrollment in the Batavia public schools will likely continue to decline for several more years, according to a report presented to the school board Tuesday. District officials expect that next fall it will enroll its smallest kindergarten class in...
Nov 19 2014 | 12:42 am
- Batavia school board members said they struggled Tuesday when deciding to ask for more property taxes, instead of holding the levy steady. Uncertainty about possible changes to state funding for aid and pensions that could cost the Batavia district...
Nov 17 2014 | 9:49 am
- Current trustees Mark Guethle, Laura Curtis and Mark Carroll have filed petitions for election to the North Aurora village board.
Nov 14 2014 | 11:33 am
- Kane County Coroner Rob Russell vehemently criticized a report by a former coroner that contends 50 out of 160 autopsies she reviewed were unnecessary. “Cleary the intent (of the review) was not to help me, but to embarrass me," Russell said.
Nov 13 2014 | 11:55 pm
- Mary O'Brien, chief executive officer of Fox Valley Orthopaedic Institute, Thursday night was named the 2014 Wood Award winner, the equivalent to citizen of the year for Geneva.