May 03 2013 | 12:27 pm
- Cleo Garcia doesn't get too much attention from people when he tells them he works the roads and grounds crew at Fermilab in Batavia. But when they find out he also takes care of the bison herd there, they are much more interested. "Then they want...
Feb 14 2013 | 3:04 pm
- Vern Brancamp is an artist, but unlike other artists, for the 70-year-old taxidermist nature IS his canvas. "I got started when I was kid," he said. "My dad was a hunter and when we'd come back with pheasant he'd pluck all the feathers and throw...
Oct 26 2012 | 8:58 am
- Jon Kuester, of East Dundee, uses his passion for teaching and history as the living history farmer at Primrose Farm in St. Charles. "American history was always my focus," Kuester said. "But agriculture is the story of American history, so if...
Sep 15 2012 | 12:16 am
- The Streamwood Sabres traveled to Batavia Friday night to take on the Bulldogs, with home team coming away with the win 33-0.
Aug 31 2012 | 10:39 am
- Erin Brumfield Grima works at Larkin Center in Elgin with kids who have issues with past sexual abuse. "When you work with kids for awhile you can see that the idea that somebody would be invested in them when nobody has been invested in them in...
Jun 04 2012 | 11:05 am
- Students and the Parent Teacher Organization at Kenyon Woods Middle School honored retiring Principal Sue Welu Monday by planting a tree in her honor in front of the school.
Mar 30 2012 | 2:16 pm
- Fueled by the personal experience of watching her grandmother deal with Alzheimer's disease, Arden Courts program services coordinator Erin McCart has a passion for helping the elderly enjoy each moment of their lives.
Nov 08 2011 | 4:21 pm
- Batavia’s Limestone Coffee & Tea will be shutting its doors at the end of the month “We’re devastated,” owner Maureen Mares said Tuesday. She said she found out a couple of weeks ago that her lease will not be renewed after...
Oct 21 2011 | 2:55 pm
- Behind the scenes at Work Area Protection in St. Charles where road construction safety items of all sorts are created, and the only color choice is orange. Cones, barrels, arrow and message boards, barricades, warning and strobe lights, manhole...
Sep 09 2011 | 3:18 pm
- Behind the scenes with Elgin Police and towing crews as they run a safety checkpoint in downtown Elgin. Officers are looking for signs of chemical impairment, as well as drivers operating without a license or without insurance.