Nov 21 2014 | 4:24 pm
- Fifth-graders at Willard Elementary School in South Elgin get a lesson in flags from members of the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills American Legion Post.
Nov 14 2014 | 4:37 pm
- Elgin Symphony Orchestra Music Director Andrew Grams played violin accompanied by William Wolfram on a piano donated to Advocate Sherman Hospital by Roger Bielinski, a retired doctor, in honor of his late wife. “My wife loved music of all...
Sep 22 2014 | 4:50 pm
- Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez received a $10,000 grant from the Spirit of Blue Foundation Monday for the purchase and training of a new explosive detection K-9.
Sep 05 2014 | 3:41 pm
- Most people have memories spending time with their mom in the kitchen. Penny Newkirk remembers that too, growing up in farm country and helping her mother prepare meals for six siblings. Newkirk, a former home economics and cooking teacher, is still...
Jul 23 2014 | 5:03 pm
- Attorney General Lisa Madigan and her staff discussed how to identify and avoid major consumer scams, including identity theft and home repair fraud, as well as schemes that target seniors, during a roundtable held Wednesday in the Heritage Ballroom...
Jul 23 2014 | 3:27 pm
- As newspaper photojournalists we are bound by a set of standards and ethics. We document what we see without distorting the truth and try to make images that tell the story of the event we're covering. Sometimes it's fun to just set that stuff aside...
Jul 11 2014 | 4:25 pm
- The 36th annual Greek Fest opens to lots of hungry customers Friday at St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church in Elgin.
Jul 08 2014 | 5:36 pm
- The Kane County Master Gardeners’ Idea Garden in St. Charles opened to the public Tuesday, and the gardeners spent time with visitors, offering tips on improving home gardens.
Jun 27 2014 | 1:29 pm
- Justin Ahrens of Batavia conceived the Wheels4Water ride from Boston to Chicago to raise money to supply water for life for 1,000 people in Uganda. He and his team more than doubled their goal and now Lifewater International will be able to supply a...
May 30 2014 | 4:32 pm
- The annual Cop on a Rooftop fundraiser for Special Olympics meant police officers from throughout the suburbs hit the roofs at area Dunkin' Donuts to raise money. In Batavia, officers from Batavia and Geneva took part.