Mar 18 2015 | 12:00 pm
- 33 teachers at Williamsburg Elementary School in Geneva took on bullying by making a lip dub video to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" and surprising their students with it. The students are talking about it and watching it online months later.
Jan 19 2015 | 6:27 pm
- The fourth annual MLK Day of Service and Youth Leadership Conference drew hundreds to the Centre of Elgin Monday.
Nov 21 2014 | 5:24 pm
- Fifth-graders at Willard Elementary School in South Elgin get a lesson in flags from members of the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills American Legion Post.
Nov 14 2014 | 5:37 pm
- Elgin Symphony Orchestra Music Director Andrew Grams played violin accompanied by William Wolfram on a piano donated to Advocate Sherman Hospital by Roger Bielinski, a retired doctor, in honor of his late wife. “My wife loved music of all...
Sep 22 2014 | 5:50 pm
- Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez received a $10,000 grant from the Spirit of Blue Foundation Monday for the purchase and training of a new explosive detection K-9.
Sep 05 2014 | 4:41 pm
- Most people have memories spending time with their mom in the kitchen. Penny Newkirk remembers that too, growing up in farm country and helping her mother prepare meals for six siblings. Newkirk, a former home economics and cooking teacher, is still...
Jul 23 2014 | 6:03 pm
- Attorney General Lisa Madigan and her staff discussed how to identify and avoid major consumer scams, including identity theft and home repair fraud, as well as schemes that target seniors, during a roundtable held Wednesday in the Heritage Ballroom...
Jul 23 2014 | 4:27 pm
- As newspaper photojournalists we are bound by a set of standards and ethics. We document what we see without distorting the truth and try to make images that tell the story of the event we're covering. Sometimes it's fun to just set that stuff aside...
Jul 11 2014 | 5:25 pm
- The 36th annual Greek Fest opens to lots of hungry customers Friday at St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church in Elgin.
Jul 08 2014 | 6:36 pm
- The Kane County Master Gardeners’ Idea Garden in St. Charles opened to the public Tuesday, and the gardeners spent time with visitors, offering tips on improving home gardens.