A man suspected of eight burglaries in Waukegan was taken into custody early Wednesday morning.
When Waukegan officers responded to a burglary alarm at 12:15 a.m. at the Waukegan Food Mart, they found fresh footprints in the snow. Police said the footprints led to 58-year-old Thomas O. Anderson, of unincorporated Lake County, who was found hiding behind a nearby residence.
After further police investigation, Anderson was charged with burglarizing:
• The Shell station on the 3400 block of Delany Road on Jan. 4.
• Big Daddy Liquor Store on the 2800 block of Grand Avenue on Jan. 10.
• Waukegan Food Mart on the 2800 block of Sunset Avenue on Jan. 20.
• NAPA Auto Zone on the 3100 block of Grand Avenue on Jan. 22.
• NAPA Auto Zone again on Jan. 25.
• Burris Equipment on the 2200 block of North Green Bay Road on Jan. 26.
• Tobacco Shop on the 400 block of North Green Bay Road on Jan. 31.
• Waukegan Food Mart again Wednesday.
He also has been charged with criminal damage to property in Gurnee.
Anderson is being held on $200,000 bail and will appear in court at 1:30 p.m. March 7.