Breaking News Bar
posted: 2/14/2016 1:00 AM

Images: Icons of Campton Hills

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

We spent some time in one of the suburbs' newest villages, Campton Hills. Though the village government was just established in 2007, people have been living in the beautiful prairies of the region west of St. Charles for more than 100 years. The new village features both new commercial development and an extensive amount of conservation land.

Look for a new "Icons of ..." town gallery every Sunday at dailyherald.com/galleries and on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. On our social media sites, share your favorite Campton Hills photos with us by using #shareyoursuburb.

And tell us what photos are your favorites. Which ones stir a memory for you? Where do you love to go in town?

The St. Charles florist and boutique, at the intersection of LaFox Road and Route 64.
  The St. Charles florist and boutique, at the intersection of LaFox Road and Route 64.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
A view of the Wasco Railway Center, a commercial building at 40W201 Wasco Road in Campton Hills.
  A view of the Wasco Railway Center, a commercial building at 40W201 Wasco Road in Campton Hills.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
Wasco Baptist Church, at 4N783 Old LaFox Road, stands tall near the Wasco School in Campton Hills.
  Wasco Baptist Church, at 4N783 Old LaFox Road, stands tall near the Wasco School in Campton Hills.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The Campton Hills village offices, at 40W270 LaFox Rd.
  The Campton Hills village offices, at 40W270 LaFox Rd.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
A view of some of the newer businesses along LaFox Road south of its intersection with Route 64.
  A view of some of the newer businesses along LaFox Road south of its intersection with Route 64.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
Classes have been taught on the spot that is now Wasco Elementary School, at 4N782 School St., for more than 100 years.
  Classes have been taught on the spot that is now Wasco Elementary School, at 4N782 School St., for more than 100 years.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
Ice and snow now cover the softball fields at 6N098 Swanberg Roard, which is one of the home facilities for the Wasco Fastpitch team.
  Ice and snow now cover the softball fields at 6N098 Swanberg Roard, which is one of the home facilities for the Wasco Fastpitch team.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The 620 acre Meissner-Corron Forest Preserve, located along Corron road, is maintained by the Kane County Forest Preserve District.
  The 620 acre Meissner-Corron Forest Preserve, located along Corron road, is maintained by the Kane County Forest Preserve District.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The Lodge on 64, at 41W379 Route 64, features Famous for our rotisserie chicken, fall-off-the-bone ribs, and s'mores.
  The Lodge on 64, at 41W379 Route 64, features Famous for our rotisserie chicken, fall-off-the-bone ribs, and s'mores.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
This sign at Anderson Park welcomes hikers to the Campton Prairie. During warmer times the trail is used by walkers and bikers.
  This sign at Anderson Park welcomes hikers to the Campton Prairie. During warmer times the trail is used by walkers and bikers.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The Congregational United Church of Christ, at 40W451 Fox Mill Boulevard, was established in 1837. The building that stands now was built in 1998.
  The Congregational United Church of Christ, at 40W451 Fox Mill Boulevard, was established in 1837. The building that stands now was built in 1998.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
This open space, located across Brown Road from Anderson Park, is just some of the land preserved by local governments around Campton Hills.
  This open space, located across Brown Road from Anderson Park, is just some of the land preserved by local governments around Campton Hills.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The pedestrian bridge brings bikers and walkers along the Great Western Trail over the busy Burlington Road in Campton Hills.
  The pedestrian bridge brings bikers and walkers along the Great Western Trail over the busy Burlington Road in Campton Hills.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
This sign at a softball field in Anderson Park proudly claims the diamond as the home of the 2008 USSSA Under 11 World Series Champions.
  This sign at a softball field in Anderson Park proudly claims the diamond as the home of the 2008 USSSA Under 11 World Series Champions.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
The Historic Corron Farm, at 7N761 Corron Road, provides free tours of the building built in 1835 to the public.
  The Historic Corron Farm, at 7N761 Corron Road, provides free tours of the building built in 1835 to the public.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
This pedestrian bridge, which goes over Burlington Road near its intersection with Route 64, is part of the Great Western Trail, a 17-mile long route largely built on an abandoned railway and maintained by the Kane County Forest Preserve District.
  This pedestrian bridge, which goes over Burlington Road near its intersection with Route 64, is part of the Great Western Trail, a 17-mile long route largely built on an abandoned railway and maintained by the Kane County Forest Preserve District.
Doug T. Graham | Staff Photographer
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.