DOWNTOWN HIGHLAND PARK, IL (SEPTEMBER 8-12, 2014) -- Come see why Downtown Highland Park is recognized as the North Shore's 'Mile of Style' as it celebrates Fashion Week, September 8-12, 2014. With over 60 fashion focused businesses, shoppers can find trendsetting fashions for the entire family from clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories and jewelry to the latest fall hair and makeup trends. Fashion Week 2014 will celebrate fall fashion with in-store sales, promotions and events, along with three main fashion experiences.
"Highland Park is known as a trendsetting community," says Pam Hillman, owner of Posh Essentials and Sprout Kids. "Fashion Week is a great way to share our retail expertise with customers, and bring together all the fashion businesses, proving why Downtown Highland Park is the North Shore's one stop shopping destination for all things fashion related."
For Downtown Highland Park Fashion Week 2014 details visit: www.DowntownHP.com/Fashion.
Fashion Stroll, Wednesday, September 10th, during business hours:
The public is invited to stroll the streets of Downtown Highland Park and experience in-store fashion focused promotions and events. Visit www.DowntownHP.com/Fahion or see below for participating businesses.
• Babydreams: Free toy with any purchase.
• Bett's & B2 Contemporary: From 10:45-11am, see "Street Fashions" Fashion Show Live in the windows! Also, from September 10-13, check out an Anatomie clothing trunk show - described as "Prada meets Lululemon", techno-stretch fabrics in high style casual and outerwear will be featured.
• Chico's: Say the words "fashion stroll" when checking out, get an additional 10% off purchase.
• Citywoods: Featuring a trunk show of Janska's popular new fleece outerwear to purchase and order. Shoppers can also enjoy refreshments.
• Eileen Fisher: Employees will share styling tips on timeless styles that provide function and ease while wardrobing and traveling, featuring an in-store scarf tying seminar at 1pm with scarf expert, Sylvia!
• ENAZ: Receive a free scarf with a purchase of $50 or more (*while supplies last). There will also be a Lisa Jill Trunk Show from September 10-11. The jewelry is one-of-a-kind and handmade using recycled and vintage elements; reclaimed chains, unusual trinkets, and cherished charms, combined with natural gems and pearls.
• Lori's Shoes: 15% off regular priced merchandise.
• My Best Friend's Closet: 20% off all week long on all clothing, shoes & handbags…some exclusions apply. They are also donating a portion of sales to benefit breast cancer awareness.
• Olga's Day Spa: $30.00 Express Facials (valued at $55) and 15% off all retail products.
• Posh Essentials: In-store modeling featuring swim, fall comfy loungewear, pajamas and yummy shearling from 1-4 pm with fall inspired cocktails.
• Rock N' Rags: Special live concert at 6:30pm featuring local singer/songwriter Tatiana Perez! Admission is free and all ages are welcome.
• Spex: Lafont eyewear and sunwear Trunk Show from 1-5pm.
• Sprout Kids: Holding a fashion day for young fashionistas with hair, manicures and a special fashion craft from 3-5pm. Reservations requested.
• Tales & Toys: 10% off all costumes.
• Toddler: Free toy with any purchase.
• Wear In Good Health: Will have leggings galore displayed around the store illustrating different looks and all leggings will be 20% off the during the fashion stroll.
Women's Fashion Networking Event, Thursday, September 11th, 6:30-9pm
From bedroom to boardroom, Downtown Highland Park merchants will share their trendsetting styles in a runway show put on by Highland Park Bank & Trust (1949 St. Johns Avenue). The free event will benefit Bright Pink, the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, with suggested donations of $10.
The event will kick off at 6:30 with cocktails, appetizers and local vendors sharing free mini beauty advice and services. The Fashion Show will start at 7pm, emceed by Lee Litas, Sun Times Media Trend and Dining Columnist. There will be plenty of networking after the show.
To reserve a spot click here, as space is limited. The first 200 RSVP's will receive goodie bags.
Participating businesses include: Ami Ami, Bett's & B2 Contemporary, The Bootery, Chico's, Citywoods, Cos Bar, Eileen Fisher, ENAZ, Francesca's, Fresh Skin, Gordon Aveda Salon, Highland Park Bank & Trust, My Best Friend's Closet, Olga's Day Spa, Posh Essentials, Razny Jewelers, Rock N' Rags, Ross's, Salon Vole, Spex, Uncle Dan's, and Wear In Good Health.
Family Fashion Show & Kids' Fair, Friday, September 12th, 6-8pm
With a focus on fashion for the entire family, Downtown Highland Park retailers will dress kids, parents and grandparents in this kid-friendly fashion show put on by Irina Makkai Classical Ballet & Dance School (2126 First Street), in celebration of their 30th anniversary. The free event will benefit Bright Pink, the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, with suggested donations of $10.
The event will kick off at 6pm with snacks, beverages and Kids' Fair, and local businesses offering kid-friendly activities, products and services. The Fashion Show will begin at 6:30pm, emceed by Beth Engelman, Mommy on a Shoestring, Sun-Times columnist, WGN and WCIU TV contributor.
To reserve a spot click here, as space is limited. The first 100 RSVP's will receive a family goodie bag.
Participating businesses include: Babydreams, The Bootery, ENAZ, Highland Pop, Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School, Just 4 Friends, Michael's, My Best Friend's Closet, The Olive Tap, Posh Essentials, Rock N' Rags, Ross's, Spex, Sprout Kids, Sunset Foods, Tales & Toys, Toddler, and Uncle Dan's.
To RSVP for either or both fashion shows, visit http://www.eventbrite.com/o/downtown-highland-park-fashion-week-4554609643. Please help celebrate this week of fashion, fun and community! For more information about Downtown Highland Park, visit the newly designed website at www.downtownhp.com/fashion, "like" Downtown Highland Park on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847.780.4293.