• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals discharged fire extinguishers inside two Mount Prospect Park District vehicles, doing an estimated $700 in damage. They broke into a 2008 Chevrolet Express van and a 2013 Ford bus between 6:30 p.m. July 11 and 7:45 a.m. July 12. The vehicles were parked at the district's RecPlex, 420 W. Dempster St. The offenders used the fire extinguishers in the vehicles to spray foam inside.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet Express van between 10 p.m. July 10 and 6:40 a.m. July 11 on the 500 block of Huntington Commons Road and stole two sanders, sanding edger, two nail guns, compressor and chop box. Loss was estimated at $8,250.
• Aleksandra M. Pniewska, 29, of the 100 block of Morrison Avenue, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 5:47 p.m. July 7 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw her take cosmetics and clothes valued at $286. Her court date is Aug. 11.
• Salvador Morales Jr., 39, of the 7500 block of North Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:11 p.m. July 26 at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw him remove the bar code from a video game and place it over the bar code on a Bluetooth headset. Loss was estimated at $80.
• James Papageorge, 73, of the 500 block of South Mount Prospect Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. July 12 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take a red apple tree, four lillies, 70 tomato cages and a 26-inch real wood half barrel. Value was estimated at $197. His court date is Aug. 12.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer belonging to Wilson Sporting Goods of Schiller Park, a computer tablet, and a wallet containing cash, gift cards, gift checks, two checkbooks and seven credit cards out of a 2003 Hyundai Elantra; a GPS out of a Honda Odyssey, and a leather bag containing two school books belonging to Deerfield High School, an iPod, and laptop computer out of a Jeep between 8 p.m. July 2 and 5:45 p.m. July 3 on the 400 block of South Wille Street. Value was estimated at $1,787.
• Burglars stole sunglasses, headphones, two cellphone chargers, a wallet containing cash, gift card, credit cards, driver's license and ID cards, and a shoulder bag with school supplies and two textbooks between 7 p.m. July 20 and 1 a.m. July 21 out of an unlocked 2008 Honda Civic on the 1100 block of Cherrywood Lane. Value was estimated at $830.
• Thieves stole a girls' orange bicycle between 1 and 9 p.m. July 10 out of the front porch at a home on the 1700 block of West Catalpa Lane. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a girls' purple bicycle and a boys' blue bike between noon July 12 and 8 p.m. July 13 out of the front yard at a home on the 300 block of South Emerson Street. Value was estimated at $250.
• Vandals scratched the driver's side, from front to rear, on a 2012 Toyota Tundra pickup truck between 5 p.m. July 30 and 6:22 a.m. July 31 in a driveway on the 1500 block of Quaker Lane.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Chrysler Sprinter van between 7:30 p.m. July 27 and 6:30 a.m. July 28 in a condominium lot on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road and stole three power saws, finishing tool, grinder and 3-4 drills.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $300 between 9 a.m. July 27 and 2:30 p.m. July 28 during a birthday gathering in a condominium on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road.