• Bria C. Blackwell, 21, of the 0-99 block of Green Briar in Jacksonville, Ill., was arrested Tuesday on a warrant for a charge of endangering the life or health of a child on March 12 in Batavia, according to a police report. She was being held on $7,500 bail at the Kane County jail. According to police officials, she is accused of driving from Jacksonville to Batavia during a snowstorm March 12 with her children, a 3-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy, without coats and without using child-restraint seats. Police say she told them she did not wish to watch her children anymore. She was trying to deliver them to their father in Batavia. Police say she also told them she had drunk a bottle of wine before making the trip.
Contact information ( * required )
• Four juveniles were charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 12:02 a.m. Monday in the 700 block of Van Buren Street. A resident of the house, 21-year-old Shaquille B. Smith, was issued a ticket for having an unlawful residential gathering, according to a police report.
• Someone stole loose change out of a vehicle between 10:30 p.m. April 1 and 6:50 a.m. April 2 in the 900 block of Barclay Court, police said.
• Someone stole an undisclosed amount of money in a quick-change scam at 6:18 p.m. April 2 at Buy Buy Baby, 301 N. Randall Road, police said.
• A wallet was stolen out of a vehicle between 7 p.m. April 1 and 8 a.m. April 2 in the 0-99 block of Cottonwood Circle, police said.
• Drake L.D. Zollers, 21, of the 700 block of North Prairie Street, was charged with possession of cannabis with intent to deliver at 11:25 p.m. April 2 in the 400 block of North Prairie, according to a police report. He was also charged with possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, and with driving with just one headlight.
• A vehicle was burglarized between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 1 in the 1400 block of Georgetown Drive, police said.
• Paul D. Reilly, 39, of the 800 block of Carlsbad Lane, Elgin, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop at 1:17 a.m. Tuesday at Randall Road and Middlecreek Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone stole the lower metal elbow on gutter downspouts at a home on the 0N200 block of North Mill Creek Drive near Geneva, according to a sheriff's report. The theft was reported at about 12:10 a.m. Monday.
• Someone stole an overweight truck sign and its metal post from the 44W200 block of I.C. Trail near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report. The theft was reported at 10 a.m. Monday.
• A white Ford Mustang with a blue hood that was reported stolen out of Melrose Park was found at 8:48 a.m. Monday on jack stands in a driveway on the 3N400 block of Freeland Road near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report.