• Elizabeth S. Rippinger, 49, of the 200 block of Hickory Street, North Aurora, was charged with unlawful use of a cellphone at 5:29 p.m. Wednesday on the 900 block of West Fabyan Parkway, according to a police report. She was also arrested on a Kane County warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of violating probation in a forgery case. She was taken to the Kane County jail because she was unable to post bond on her $100,000 bail.
Contact information ( * required )
• A coin box and coin slot were stolen off a washing machine on the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle within the last week, it was reported to police Wednesday.
• John F. Williams, 21, of the 800 block of Bowditch, Aurora, was charged with speeding and obstruction of identification, at 2:22 p.m. Wednesday on the 100 block of East Wilson Street, according to a police report.
• A counterfeit $20 bill was used sometime Tuesday night at Jewel-Osco, 119 S. Randall Road, police said.
• Jeffrey A. Anderson, 58, of the 2N600 block of Landrose Lane, Maple Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, following too closely, failure to reduce speed and leaving the scene of an accident at 4:13 p.m. Jan. 24 after a crash at Route 38 and Saddlewood Drive near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report. Anderson left the scene on foot, and a chemical test at a hospital a couple of hours later showed his blood alcohol concentration was .231, the report said.