• Nathan A. Jugenitz, 30, of the 1000 block of South 11th Avenue, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration greater than .08, and failure to reduce speed after he rear ended another vehicle at about 10:04 p.m. Monday at Route 25 and Stearns Road near South Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. A chemical test showed Jugenitz had a .134 BAC.
• Someone used a BB gun to shoot out a streetlight at Essex and Park avenues near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. The damage was reported at 1:29 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jessica P. Wascher, 27, of the 100 block of Aspen Drive, Cortland, was charged with possession drug paraphernalia and speeding in a construction zone after a traffic stop at 3:32 p.m. Jan. 7 at Routes 20 and 31 in Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. A hypodermic needle and syringe were found in her purse that Wascher later admitted were for heroin use. Authorities also learned Wascher had an outstanding arrest warrant in DeKalb County on theft charges.
• About $200 to $300 damage was caused when someone broke the taillights on a vehicle in the 34W900 block of North James Drive near St. Charles between 12:01 and 9 a.m. Jan. 11, according to a sheriff's report.
• Byron J. Roe, 20, of the 100 block of Josephine Avenue, South Elgin, was charged with DUI, DUI with a BAC more than .08, illegal transportation of alcohol, marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia after running his truck off the road at about 5:19 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 5N800 block of Route 25 near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. Deputies found an empty bottle of alcohol in Roe's vehicle, along with 4 grams of marijuana and a scale. Roe's BAC was .136, the report said.
• A visitor to the emergency room at Delnor Hospital, 300 S. Randall Road, reported that between 7:30 and 11:30 p.m. Jan. 11 someone stole $45 out of their unattended jacket.
• Someone stole 63 short-sleeved polo shirts off a display near the front entrance to Hollister, 314 Commons Drive, between 3:20 and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 10, police said.
• A man is suspected of stealing a 12-inch silver platter and a silver sugar spoon out of a display case around 1:20 p.m. Jan. 9 in Needle Things, 426 S. Third St., Geneva. The suspect is described as 35 to 40 years old, 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighing about 300 pounds, with a red-haired beard. He was wearing a baseball cap, a tan jacket and construction pants.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close