Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Sam P. Mawhinney, 19, of the 1600 block of Chelmsford Court, Bartlett, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Dec. 12 at 701 W. Schick Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 6.
• Carleton Craig, 53, of the 1200 block of Spaulding Road, Bartlett, was arrested around 1:18 a.m. Dec. 14 at his home and charged with local ordinance theft. His court date is Jan. 6.
• Deangelo Marcus Craig, 21, of the 3000 block of Wickenden Avenue, Elgin, was arrested around 4:16 a.m. Dec. 15 at Route 59 and Red Oak Drive and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 6.
• A vandal hurled a baseball-sized rock around 12:12 p.m. Dec. 12 that broke a rear sliding glass door at a home on the 1700 block of Dyer Drive. Damage was estimated at $750.
• Thieves stole a generator and trash pump Dec. 12 or 13 out of a shed at the Walgreens construction site, Stearns Road and Route 59. Value was estimated at $1,950.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 from a woman at Jewel/Osco on the 100 block of East Stearns Road around 1 p.m. Dec. 17.
• Thieves stole a woman's wallet around 5 p.m. Dec. 15 out of the coat room at Cadillac Ranch, 1100 block of West Lake Street. Value was estimated at $140.
• Vandals smashed three windows and damaged the front bumper around 7 a.m. Dec. 14 on a 2007 Toyota Prius on the 1700 block of Ariana Drive. Damage was estimated at $1,200.
• A vandal broke the front window around 12:20 p.m. Dec. 14 at a home on the 1800 block of Burton Drive. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Vandals smashed the rear window on a 2011 Subaru in a driveway on the 100 block of Rushmore Drive and smashed the rear window on a 1999 Camero in a driveway on the 1900 block of Rushmore Drive around 4 p.m. Dec. 14. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Scott A. Carter, 24, of the 17700 block of Harmony Road, Marengo, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. Dec. 18 at Lake and Greenbrook streets and charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and driving while license suspended.
• Trisha G. Little, 18, of the 2500 block of Briar Trail, Schaumburg, was arrested around 5:53 p.m. Dec. 17 on the 2200 block of Alden and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Luis Garcia-Robledo, 22, of the 7000 block of Plumtree, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:55 a.m. Dec. 15 on the 5900 block of Clarendon and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Zakkary D. Markey, 18, of the 900 block of Ashland, Rockford, Alan Custodio, 22, of the 900 block of Carl, Elgin, and Cassandra Garmon, 19, of the 6200 block of Gold, Hanover Park, were arrested around 9:10 p.m. Dec. 14 at Greenbrook and Lake streets. Markey was charged with traffic violations; Custodio was charged with possession of marijuana; Garmon was charged with possession of marijuana and drug equipment.
• Phillip Dandre Fletcher, 23, of the 2000 block of Farnham Court, Schaumburg, was arrested around 11:09 a.m. Dec. 17 at an apartment building on the 2400 block of Creek Bend, and charged with criminal trespass to building. Reports said an employee of the building saw him run out a rear door; Fletcher had been banned from the property. His court date is Jan. 3.
• Abraham R. Oviedo, 23, of the 300 block of Grissom Court, Hoffman Estates, Anthony J. Labarbera, 24, of the 10100 block of Ivanhoe, Schiller Park, Eric M. Seemann, 26, of the 2000 block of Walnut, Hanover Park, and Ted Bukowski, 19, of the 0-100 block of Pine Avenue, Bensenville, were arrested around 3:10 a.m. Dec. 7 at Homewood Suites, 815 American Lane, and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said officers were called and found the hotel's fire extinguisher deployed in a guest room. Their court date is Jan. 16.
• Andrzej Miernik, 54, last known address on the 600 block of Forum Drive, Roselle, was arrested around 10:40 p.m. Dec. 7 at Sonesta ES Suites Hotel, 901 Woodfield Office Court, and charged with intoxication and disorderly conduct. Reports said officers were called because Miernik was causing a disturbance in the lobby. Officers walked him to his room; he agreed to stay there but repeatedly left, once carrying an open bottle of wine and drinking from it, reports said. After the third attempt to keep him in his room failed, officers arrested him, reports said. His court date is Dec. 26.
• Vincente Alvarado, 28, of the 7500 block of Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. Dec. 15 at Nordstrom Rack, 1520 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him switch price tags on four pairs of shoes. His court date is Dec. 30.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close