• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Zeng You Huang, 50, of the 113th St., Lombard, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with endangering the life or health of a child. Police reports said his wife dropped off their youngest daughter at the casino because she had to work. A security video shows Huang and his wife enter a van in the parking lot. He is seen running from the van with his daughter following him. She was almost struck by two cars, then stands alone by the casino entrance until a woman sees her and turns her over to security, police reports said. Huang's court date is Nov. 7.
• Thieves stole jewelry between 7 a.m. Oct. 23 and 10 a.m. Oct. 24 out of a jewelry box on a dresser in a home on the 1400 block of East Harding Avenue. Value was estimated at $3,700.
• Thieves stole a men's blue mountain bike with rear fender and ripped gel seat between 9 p.m. Oct. 28 and 9 p.m. Oct. 29 from the front porch at a home on the 1500 block of East Walnut Avenue. Value was estimated at $80.
• Thieves stole a social security card and $24 between noon and 1 p.m. Ot. 16 out of a purse after the owner left it in a shopping cart in a store lot at 1500 Lee St. A woman found the purse and handed it to the victim, but the card and cash were missing.
• Vandals punctured the front and rear passenger's-side tires between 7 p.m. Oct. 27 and 2 p.m. Oct. 28 on a Chrysler in a driveway on the 2400 block of East Ballard Road. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Vandals broke the front 4-foot by 4-foot picture window around 2 a.m. Oct. 28 at an apartment on the 1300 block of East Brown St. The offenders left behind a lug wrench. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a generator, two augers, and gas saw between 3 p.m. Oct. 27 and 7:30 a.m. Oct 28 out of a storage compartment on a Ford dump truck in a driveway on the 300 block of Pinehurst Drive. Value was estimated at $4,500.
• Vandals shattered a garage window between 8 a.m. Oct. 23 and 11 a.m. Oct. 24 at a home on the 1100 block of East Walter Avenue. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Vandals slashed the front passenger's-side tire between noon Oct. 27 and 7:30 a.m. Oct. 28 on a Buick on the 1100 block of Margaret Street. Damage was estimated at $125.
• Burglars stole a purse valued at $110 between 11 p.m. Oct. 21 and 8 a.m. Oct. 23 out of an unlocked Chevrolet in a driveway on the 1100 block of Van Buren Avenue.
• Angel Zavala, 32, of the 400 block of Perrie Drive, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7 p.m. Oct. 28 on the 1100 block of East Oakton Street and charged with traffic violations and possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Dec. 16.
• Burglars stole $750 between noon Oct. 26 and 10 p.m. Oct. 27 out of an unlocked home on the 1200 block of East Washington Street.
• Thieves stole three envelopes containing a total of $350 between 6 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:45 a.m. Oct. 24 from the top of a desk in an office in a building at 150 N. River Road.
• Thieves stole a black rubber cushion seat and the silver metal pole attached underneath between 7:30 a. and 5:06 p.m. Oct. 24 from a bicycle chained to a bike rack at 699 Lee St. Value was estimated at $65.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 2:10 and 2:46 p.m. Oct. 23 out of a purse hanging from the back of a chair at Panera Bread, 1518 Market St. Value was estimated at $380.
• Arben Shefqet Hoxha, 49, of the 1400 block of South Center Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10 p.m. Oct. 27 at Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take five bottles of liquor and a package of croissants. His court date is Dec. 13.
• Ernell H. Ross, 44, of the 3900 block of South Shore Drive, Chicago, was arrested around 10:20 a.m. Oct. 21 on the 2400 block of South River Road and charged with traffic violations and possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Nov. 18.
• Thomas Shelton, 55, of the 800 block of South Campbell Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 11:20 p.m. Oct. 25 and charged with theft. Police reports said employees at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, noticed that he took a slot machine voucher belonging to another player and cashed it. His court date is Nov. 18.
• Burglars pried a rear basement door between 6:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. Oct. 22 at a home on the 100 block of Lancaster Lane and stole a computer, keyboard, mouse and router. Value was estimated at $1,300.
• Burglars stole a money clip containing various credit cards and IDs between 10 p.m. Oct. 26 and noon Oct. 27 out of an unlocked 2005 Mazda on the 1100 block of West Palatine Road. Value was estimated at $30.
• Burglars stole a camera lens valued at $500, a pair of headphones, an iPod, and pocket knife between 9 p.m. Oct. 25 and 5 a.m. Oct. 26 out of an unlocked 2005 Scion on the 300 block of East Carpenter Drive.
• Robert W. Hines Jr., 25, of the 1200 block of North Sterling Avenue, Palatine, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. Oct. 26 and charged with burglary to motor vehicle. Reports said he took a pair of antique binoculars valued at $1,000 out of a 2000 Kia in a parking lot on the 1200 block of North Sterling.
• Burglars entered an apartment, possibly through an unlocked and open window, between 1 and 10:30 a.m. Oct. 27 on the 400 block of North Bayside Drive and stole a laptop computer valued at $1,400.