Hillary Clinton for president! Now that I have caused devout Republican folks to clench their toes and suffer a mental wedgie, I'll explain my position.
Our country needs a woman president. My first choice would be Elizabeth Warren. But, she doesn't have the support Hillary has already earned. Hopefully, as president, her advisers would keep her from making gaffes like the fib she told about bullets flying as she got off a plane during the Bosnia conflict.
Why do I support Hillary now? Her are some of the reasons:
1) She can talk to Bill and get his views on policy. Bill was infinitely superior to W. Bush.
2) She earned the right to run for president in 2016. Her service as first lady, New York senator and secretary of state were all exemplary. She has already met and dealt with most country leaders on our planet. She has a solid resume.
3) She agrees that overhauling our health care system is urgent. She supports the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as "Obamadoescare."
4) She will work to increase U.S. manufacturing jobs, strengthen unions and change (or abolish) the free trade agreements that kill U.S. jobs.
5) She will continue Bill's policy of keeping us out of wars.
6) She will work to change the current system in which the richest 1 percent of Americans got 20 percent of all the U.S. money made last year, and hopefully she'll institute a progressive tax system and close the tax loopholes of the rich and for corporations.
7) She will appoint Supreme Court justices that are sane enough to know the difference between live people and corporations.
Finally, voters must remember that real change only occurs when the president and our Congress agree. We need more liberals in Congress.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close