Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Michael David Zurek, 18, of the 2100 block of Ash Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:15 p.m. Sept. 2 on the 1400 block of Rand Road and charged with assault. Reports said he threatened a 20-year-old man, swinging his fist but missing him. His court date is Sept. 15.
• Albert Lee Campbell, 53, homeless, was arrested around 3 a.m. Sept. 4 in a courtyard on the 1500 block of East Ellinwood Street and charged with criminal trespass after officers found him sleeping there, reports said. He had been warned Aug. 10 to stay away from the courtyard, reports added. His court date is Oct. 4..
• Thieves stole a checkbook containing checks, cash and social security cards between 7 p.m. Aug. 26 and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 28 out of an employee's purse in a business at 95 E. Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $755.
• Thieves stole two brown, blue and green bamboo, fern-design, hand-painted plates valued at $300 between 6 and 7:15 p.m. Aug. 25 out of a resident's locked room at Asbury Court Retirement Home, 1750 S. Elmhurst Road.
• David E. Cross, 67, of the 500 block of Orchard, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with battery. Reports said he slapped a male employee on the back because he was angry that the employee had argued with Cross' wife. His court date is Oct. 3.
• Thieves stole a purse valued at $360 out of an unlocked 2009 Dodge Charger between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 29 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 30 on the 900 block of Palm Drive.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Volkswagen Beetle between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Aug. 30 on the 700 block of West Rand Road and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $492.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Honda Accord between 2 and 2:55 p.m. Aug. 31 and stole a purse and cosmetics kit. Loss was estimated at $610.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Honda CR-V in a Mount Prospect Park District lot at 411 S. Maple between 2 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 31 and stole an iPad. Loss was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Honda CR-V between 4 and 5 p.m. Aug. 31 in a River Trails Park District lot at 1500 E. Euclid Ave. and stole a purse, cellphone, cash and designer sunglasses. Loss was estimated at $1,270.
• Thieves stole a men's blue bicycle between 6 p.m. Aug. 29 and 5:30 p.m. Sept. 3 from a front porch at an apartment on the 2300 block of Colony Drive. Value was estimated at $450.
• Thieves stole a digital media player around 4:15 p.m. Aug. 29 from a female employee at Cook County School Bus Co., 1910 S. Busse Road, after she placed the unit on a desk for a few minutes. Approximately 20 individuals were in the break room at the time. Value was estimated at $300.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close