• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Francisco G. Giles, 23, of the 3600 block of South Laramie, Cicero, was arrested around 6:35 p.m. Aug. 30 at Arlington Park racetrack, 2200 W. Euclid Ave., and charged with criminal trespass after a security agent told police that Giles drive onto the property even though he had been banned from the racetrack a few months ago. His court date is Oct. 11.
• Anthony Gamino, 29, of the 1100 block of Itasca Street, Bensenville, was arrested around 3:45 a.m. Sept. 1 at Palatine and Arlington Heights roads and charged with DUI, illegal transportation of open alcohol and a traffic violation. Officers found two open bottles of whiskey and an empty beer bottle in his car, reports said. A court date is Sept. 18.
• Thieves stole a manila envelope containing cash and receipts from an employee's desk at Motel 6, 441 W. Algonquin Road, between 2 p.m. Aug. 25 and 4 p.m. Aug. 27. There was confusion over making the bank deposit. Value was estimated at $4,800.
• Vandals broke two outer pane windows around 3:15 a.m. Aug. 31 at a condominium on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road.
• Vandals kicked in a driver's-side door between noon Aug. 28 and 7 a.m. Aug. 29 on a 2006 Nissan Xterra in a driveway on the 500 block of East Haven Street.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Lexus CT200H between 9 p.m. Aug. 28 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 29 in a driveway on the 1100 block of South Highland Avenue and stole a radar detector and cellphone charger. Loss was estimated at $730.
• A male and female in their late 30s or early 40s left Sports Page Bar and Grill, 1330 E. Rand Road, around 10:30 p.m. Aug. 29 without paying the $126 bill.
• Thieves stole approximately 70 pain pills between Aug 19 and 26 out of a resident's medicine cabinet at Church Creek Retirement Home, 1200 W. Central Road. Some pills were left in the bottle.
• A woman staying in a guest room for more than two years at Red Roof Inn, 22 W. Algonquin Road, left between Aug. 23 and 30. Employees noticed that the microwave oven was missing from the room after she checked out. Value was estimated at $60.
• Thieves stole 25 paver bricks between 8 p.m. Aug. 31 and 11 a.m. Sept. 1 from a pallet of bricks outside a home on the 2200 block of Michael Manor Lane.
• Jose Martin Cabrales, 18, of the 2600 block of Craig Drive, Des Plaines, Jimmy Nelson Montesinow, 20, of the 1300 block of East Prospect Avenue, Des Plaines, and Xavier Virto, 19, of the 800 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, were arrested around 10 p. m. Aug. 31 on the 1800 block of South Mannheim Road and charged with disorderly conduct. Officers had been called to the area on a report that rival gang members were fighting. No one was fighting when officers arrived, but the three subjects arrested and charged were accused by bystanders of harassing individuals, reports said. Their court date is Oct. 15.
• Gina Michelle Accetta, 22, of the 1800 block of Park Street, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 2:40 a.m. Aug. 30 in a business lot at 1695 S. River Road during a traffic stop and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting a peace officer.
• Burglars forced open a door between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 30 and 6:50 p.m. Aug. 31 at a home on the 1500 block of Whitcomb Avenue, ransacked rooms and stole an e-reader, plasma TV, DVD player with DVD/CD disc changer, four surround sound speakers, laptop computer, flat screen TV, four diamond and white gold engagement rings, silver decorative statue, computer printer, leaf blower, and edger. Loss was estimated at $6,130.
• Thieves stole an unlocked blue and silver BMX bike valued at $225 between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Aug. 30 on an apartment lawn on the 300 block of Beau Drive.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Honda Accord between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 28 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 29 in a driveway on the 100 block of North Kenilworth and stole a GPS unit from the dashboard. Loss was estimated at $450.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Acura TL between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 29 on the 1100 block of Pendleton Place and ransacked the glove box, but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage was estimated at $500.