• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Michael A. Nichols, 19, of the 400 block of Russell Street, Barrington, was arrested July 13 on the 200 block of Elm Road and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Daniel N. Kalcsics, 23, of the 1600 block of Eddy Lane, Lake Zurich, was arrested July 14 on the 100 block of North Northwest Highway and charged with obstructing a peace officer. His court date is Aug. 7.
• Jessica Wasikowski, 23, of the 400 block of East Oakwood Drive, Tower Lakes, was arrested July 18 on the 100 block of West Main Street and charged with DUI-drugs, and possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• Kenneth Jackson, 44, and Shercol Wilson, 44, both of the 400 block of Arlington, Elgin, and Maurice A. McQueen, 41, of the 7800 block of South Colfax, Chicago, were arrested around 6:10 p.m. July 14 on Sutton Road near Shoe Factory Road in Hoffman Estates. Police reports said a security agent for Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, said he saw them take two laptop computers, a TV, pet bed and towels; value was estimated at $1,474. They left the items in the parking lot when the agent confronted them and they fled in an SUV, reports said. An officer traveling east on Schaumburg Road saw the SUV travel west and followed the vehicle. Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates officers stopped the SUV and the security agent identified them. Jackson and Wilson were charged with felony retail theft; McQueen was charged with misdemeanor retail theft.
• Diego A. Valdez, 21, of the 500 block of Rambler Lane, Streamwood, and Renatto Manosalva, 21, of the 0-100 block of East Shagbark, Streamwood, were arrested around 9 p.m. July 12 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. A security agent said he saw them take 13 video games valued at $249, according to police reports. Their court date is Aug. 15.
• Viktoria S. Stefanova, 20, of the 0-100 block of Dogwood, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. July 13 in the Walmart parking lot, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with misdemeanor endangering the life/health of a child. Witnesses told police they saw her 7-year-old sister in a locked car. Officers determined that the girl had been in the car for at least 14 minutes at a time when the outside temperature registered 84 degrees, reports said. A court date is Aug. 21.
• Vandals used a black marker to write gang graffiti July 13 on a jungle gym in Lacy Park, 735 Stowell Ave.