• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a designer watch and rope-style gold chain between Feb. 1 and July 8 but reported July 24 out of the master bedroom at a home on the 600 block of South Newbury Place. Value was estimated at $7,600.
• Burglars entered Shave Legends Barber Shop, 963 S. Elmhurst Road, between 1 p.m. July 21 and 1 p.m. July 22 and broke into an ATM. Damage was estimated at $1,000; the value of any missing cash was not available.
• Thieves stole an air conditioner valued at $3,500 from a new home under construction on the 500 block of LaSalle Street between July 9 and 23.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Ford pickup truck between 7:30 p.m. July 23 and 3:20 a.m. July 24 and removed a radar detector from the windshield. Value was estimated at $550.
• Thieves stole a cellphone, 14 white tae kwon do uniforms, and several wooden boards and miscellaneous paperwork between 8 p. m. July 19 and 2 p.m. July 20. A vendor for Celebration Toys working at the Des Plaines Summer Fling in a lot at 1501 Ellinwood St. placed two boxes under a tent at a nearby vendor's space because it was raining heavily. The items were missing when she returned the next day. Value was estimated at $560.
• Someone was seen on a security video climbing over a gate around 7:58 a.m. July 24 at Metro Self Storage, 1800 Busse Hwy. The offender stepped on and damaged a motion sensor beam controlling the automated security gate. The offender was not found. Loss was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole equipment from four satellite dishes between 10:30 a.m. and noon July 24 on a condominium building on the 100 block of West Dover Drive. The theft disabled the satellite service to the condos. Value was estimated at $200.
• Three men and a woman, all apparently in their 20s, filled four black mesh shopping bags at Kohl's around 8:25 p.m. July 15 in the store, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and fled in a white sedan driven by a fifth offender. The shoplifters were organized and quickly filled the bags. They assembled at the north exit door, saw the vehicle's driver flash the headlights, and then the four ran out and into the sedan. A security alarm sounded but they escaped so quickly no one from the store was able to stop them. The sedan sped east through the parking lot toward Elmhurst Road and disappeared.
• Arjay Q. Cunanan, 20, of the 600 block of South Walnut, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:50 p.m. July 22 at Walmart, Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after a security agent told police he saw him take merchandise valued at $70 and leave without paying.
• Thieves cut the chain lock and stole a men's black bicycle with red and yellow tires between 4:30 p.m. July 17 and 9 a.m. July 20 from a bike rack at the Metra depot, 11 Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $120.