• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A female motorist pumped gas valued at $53 around 3:20 p.m. July 10 at the Shell gas station, 2113 N. Arlington Heights Road, and drove off without paying.
• Thieves stole a 3-foot by 5-foot Village of Arlington Heights flag between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. July 10 from the third floor of the village hall. Value was estimated between $200 and $250.
• Eduardo Avilez, 20, of the 1900 block of South Lee Street, Des Plaines, was arrested just after midnight July 10 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with felony possession of marijuana (38.2 grams).
• Thieves stole a woman's wallet between 11:30 and 11:50 a.m. July 10 after she left it on a table in Starbuck's Coffee, 2655 S. Mannheim Road. Value of the wallet and contents was estimated at $960.
• Conlan M. Mueller, 19, of the 800 block of South Maple Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6:10 a.m. July 3 on Northwest Highway at Central Road and charged with zero tolerance-driving under the influence of alcohol. Reports said an officer found him passed out/sleeping in his car in the curb lane on Northwest Highway. The car was running and in drive, but Mueller had his foot on the brake, reports said. A court date is Aug. 21.
• Thieves stole a purse out of a shopping cart around 3 p.m. July 8 in a store lot at 1902 S. Elmhurst Road after the owner forgot to pick it up. Value of the purse and contents was estimated at $1,050.