• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Elk Grove Village
• David S. Kranz, 35, of the 1700 block of South Green Meadows, Streamwood, was arrested around 10 a.m. June 11 at the Rolling Meadows courthouse, 2121 Euclid Ave., and charged with felony theft.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Chevrolet Express work van between 2:37 and 11:37 a.m. June 15 on the 100 block of Busse Road and stole work tools and an MC cable. Value was estimated at $8,450.
• Thieves stole a 2008 Vanguard trailer between 11 a.m. June 16 and 6 a.m. June 17 parked behind Schmitt's Truck Repair, 2000 Elmhurst Road. Value was estimated at $14,000.
• Burglars broke into three trailers between 5 p.m. June 19 and 6:30 a.m. June 20 at 400 E. Devon Ave., and stole landscape equipment and two fuel containers out of two of them. Loss was estimated at $5,613.
• Burglars broke into a 2000 Ford work van between June 21 and 27 at Adams Roofing Professionals, 495 Crossen, and stole hand and power tools. Loss was estimated at $3,200.
• A vandal in a gray truck knocked a mailbox out of the ground around 6:30 a.m. June 11 at Kirk Street and Lively Boulevard. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars entered a home on the 500 block of Bianco Drive through the garage door between noon and 2:30 p.m. June 12 and stole a digital camera, iPod, bottles of liquor, jewelry and gift cards. Value was estimated at $1,780.
• Trevor S. Mimms, 19, of the 600 block of Cross Creek Drive, Roselle, was arrested around 9:15 a.m. June 18 on the 600 block of Meacham Road and charged with obstructing a peace officer. His court date is July 17.
• Marcus A. Smucker, 41, of the 2400 block of East Cruger Road, Eureka, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. June 20 at Oriole Drive and Plum Grove Road and charged with criminal damage to property. His court date is Aug. 5.
• Gregory A. Manarik, 28, of the 26600 block of West Dolores Court, Ingleside, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. June 17 on the 100 block of Douglas in Elgin and charged with harassment through electronic communication. His court date is July 17.
• Catherine A. McGraw, 47, of the 600 block of Charing Cross Road, Elk Grove Village, and Sherri A. Skoneczka, 40, of the 200 block of Crest Avenue, Elk Grove Village, were arrested around 7:15 p.m. June 16 at 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd. and charged with theft. Their court date is July 17.
• Lauren F. Addis, 21, of the 0-100 block of Redwood Trail, Wheeling, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. June 22 at 980 Elk Grove Town Center and charged with possession of marijuana. Her court date is July 26.
• Thieves stole the center caps from the wheels of a Chrysler Pacifica minivan between 7:30 and 10:15 p.m. June 16 in a Queen of the Rosary lot, 750 Elk Grove Blvd. Value was estimated at $150. • Vandals scratched the trunk lid and rear bumper between 7 p.m. June 23 and 6:20 a.m. June 24 on a 2008 Saturn Outlook in a driveway on the 1100 block of Lovell Court. Offenders also stole an auto magnet. Loss was estimated at $1,206.
• Vandals cut the phone wires, damaged the phone box and broke a light fixture around 2:55 a.m. June 24 at Cucina Bianchi Restaurant, 1085 Nerge Road. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Robbers grabbed a woman's purse between 3 and 3:55 p.m. June 26 in a store lot at 801 Meacham Road while she was putting groceries into her car. Contents included medications, checkbook, cash, credit cards and ID. Value was estimated at $400.
• Burglars pried a basement window between June 16 and 23 at a home on the 900 block of West Andover Court and stole several tools including a jackhammer, miter saw, and two five-piece tool sets. Value was estimated at $5,600.
• Thieves stole a purse between 7:10 and 8:15 p.m. June 15 out of an unlocked locker at World Gym, 1546 E. Dundee Road. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a debit card between 10 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. June 23 from a bench in a clubhouse pool area on the 1200 block of East Wyndham Court. Offenders used the card to make purchases at several locations.
• Thieves stole $600 and the SIM card out of an iPhone between 2:45 and 5 p.m. June 23 in a locked locker at the Palatine Family Aquatic Center, 340 E. Palatine Road.
• Burglars stole a U.S. passport, iPhone, and three packs of cigarettes between 7:30 p.m. June 20 and 8 a.m. June 21 out of an unlocked 2001 Nissan SUV at a home on the 100 block of East Palatine Road. Value was estimated at $430.
• Burglars stole a GPS and $10 between 10 p.m. June 21 and 7:30 a.m. June 22 out of an unlocked 2012 Honda in a driveway on the 1800 block of North Iris Drive.
• Two men smashed the windshield on a 2007 Chevrolet SUV in a driveway on the 500 block of North Brockway Street. They fled when the owner saw them around 12:05 a.m. June 22.
• A vandal hurled a rock through the rear window on a 2011 Honda minivan between 11:30 p.m. June 21 and 10:08 a.m. June 22 on the 300 block of West Hamilton Place.
• Thieves stole two solar lights valued at $6 between 8 p.m. June 18 and 8:47 p.m. June 19 from the side of a driveway on the 2300 block of North Westwood Lane.
• Jobanie Rodriguez-Beisa, 24, of the 800 block of Colonial, Wheeling, was arrested at his home around 11:30 a.m. May 27 and charged with aggravated discharge of a firearm, mob action, and reckless conduct. A second suspect, Alfredo Gutierrez, 20, of the 800 block of the 900 block of Corey Lane, Wheeling, was arrested around 9:50 p.m. May 30 on the 900 block of Corey Lane and charged with aggravated discharge of a firearm. Police reports gave this account: The 22-year-old male victim drove his friend to the townhouse complex to pick up his car and the friend found his girlfriend in the car with Rodriguez-Biesa, a self-admitted gang member, and Gutierrez. The friend argued with them. Rodriguez-Beisa instructed Gutierrez to get a gun; he went into a townhouse and returned with a gun. The friend told officers he saw Guiterrez fire the gun at the victim's car as he tried to drive away. The bullet traveled through the rear driver's-side door and lodged in the center console. The victim said that Rodriguez-Beisa had shot at him during a prior incident.
• A vandal shot a .22-caliber bullet through a double-pane apartment window between 11 p.m. June 21 and 9:30 a.m. June 22 on the 0-100 block of North Wolf Road. There were no injuries, reports indicated.