• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a men's wallet between 5 a.m. June 24 and 10:30 a.m. June 25 out of a bedroom in a home on the 700 block of East Greenview Avenue. The wallet contained cash, credit cards, social security card, driver's license, and Medicare card. Value was estimated at $1,085.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti on exterior walls, garbage cans, and parking lot on the 1800 block of Mannheim Road and 1800 block of Pine Street between 1 and 8 a.m. June 25.
• A female friend reportedly stole a man's brown 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis between 8 p.m. June 25 and 2 p.m. June 26 on the 500 block of East Polynesian Drive. The victim let her stay in his home for a few days and discovered the keys and car missing when he woke up June 26.
• Luis A. Molina, 39, of the 1200 block of Wheeling Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 10:55 a. m. June 20 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after a security agent said he saw Molina place a router bit valued at $50 in his pocket and leave without paying for it, reports said. His court date is July 5.
• Jayant K. Bhatnagar, 36, of the 2000 block of Pine Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. June 21 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after a security agent said he saw him remove two shirts from his pants in the parking lot, reports said. Police recovered an iPhone case the agent said he saw him take. Value was estimated at $92. His court date is July 19.
• Obdulia Garcia-Garcia, 42, of the 400 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. June 21 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after two security agents said they saw her take a pair of crystal earrings and a pair of silver earrings, reports said. Value was estimated at $105.
• Burglars stole a GPS with charger and holder between 7 p.m. June 19 and 8 a.m. June 20 out of an unlocked 2003 Honda Pilot in an apartment lot on the 2300 block of South Lexington Drive. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals used black paint to spray graffiti on a decorative village wall at the Metra waiting platform, 11 E. Northwest Hwy., between 4:25 a.m. June 23 and 4:25 a.m. June 24. Damage was estimated at $100.