• Burglars stole three shoe boxes containing a $50 gold coin, 100 other coins (mostly silver dollars), a men's gold wedding band, and women's diamond and ruby wedding band and engagement ring between 10 a.m. June 13 and 7 a.m. June 16 out of an attached garage on the 4200 block of North Walnut Avenue. Value was estimated at $20,000.
Contact information ( * required )
• Vandals scratched the trunk and along the driver's side on a 2006 Toyota Corolla in an apartment lot on the 200 block of West Miner Street between 2 p.m. June 11 and 9:40 a.m. June 12.
• Thieves stole a wallet after the victim hid it under a T-shirt on a chair on the pool deck at Camelot Park, 1005 E. Suffield, between 6 and 7 p.m. June 16. Value was estimated at $230.
• Thieves stole a girls' unlocked black 24-inch bicycle from a driveway on the 1500 block of North Kasper between 6 and 6:26 p.m. June 15.
• Thieves stole an iPhone between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. June 13 from a picnic table in Pioneer Park, 500 S. Fernandez Ave., while the owner played basketball. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a large shoulder bag with wallet, cellphone and cash from a pew in First Presbyterian Church, 302 N. Dunton Ave., between 2 and 2:30 p.m. June 12. Value was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a gray 1999 Chevrolet Malibu sedan between 10 p.m. June 16 and 6 a.m. June 17 out of an apartment lot on the 2100 block of South Goebbert Road.
• Burglars broke into a 2009 Hyundai Sonata between 9 p.m. June 13 and 6 a.m. June 14 in a driveway on the 1500 block of South Yale Avenue and stole a speaker phone from the sun visor and the in-dash radio/CD player/navigation system/satellite radio/climate control systems. The offenders also stole the trim around the in-dash systems and trim around the gear shifter.
• A man took a bottle of after shave lotion out of its box around 10:05 a.m. June 13 at Ulta Beauty Supply, 456 E. Rand Road, and left without paying. Value was estimated at $50. A manager confronted him in the parking lot, but the offender fled in a gold Dodge Durango.
• A Prospect Heights woman was scammed when she received an email from a woman claiming to work for a business in Dallas. She was told she would be employed as a personal assistant running errands. On May 31, she received a check for $1,385 and was instructed to deposit it into her personal bank account, which she did. On June 1, she was told to withdraw $1,350 in cash, get a Money Gram, and send it to Dallas. On June 3, her bank notified her that the check was a fraud.
• Thieves stole a stroller valued at $400 between 7 p.m. May 30 and 8 a.m. May 31 out of the backyard at a home on the 900 block of Edward Road.
• Vandals knocked over and dented an aluminum mailbox between 11 p.m. June 8 and 7:30 a.m. June 9 at a home on the 200 block of East School lane.
• Victoria L. Salvato, 44, of the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested May 9 at Meijer, 1301 Meijer Drive, and charged with retail theft. A security agent saw her take cosmetics valued at $79, the police report said. Her court date is June 23.