• Fernando Argomaniz, 17, of the 900 block of Westmoreland Drive, Vernon Hills, and a 15-year-old boy from Carpentersville, are accused of raping a 14-year-old girl from Carpentersville, Police Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart said. According to police, the girl was staying at a friend's house in Carpentersville between May 24 and 25 when she was sexually assaulted by both suspects. Argomaniz was charged as an adult with four counts of criminal sexual assault. He was released from jail Friday after posting $10,000 bond and has a Wednesday court date at the Kane County Judicial Center. If found guilty of one of the felony charges, Argomaniz could spend between four and 15 years in prison. The juvenile was taken to the Kane County Juvenile Justice Center Thursday and will have his case heard in the juvenile court system, Bosshart said.
• Police are looking for someone who shot a gun Wednesday night after the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Detroit Red Wings in their playoff series. According to police, a woman in the 6700 block of Slate Drive was watching the game when she heard what she thought were fireworks. She went outside to investigate and discovered four bullet holes in the side of her house. "It sounds like somebody was celebrating a little too much," Police Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart said.
• Jose Guadalupe Mora, 19, of the 100 block of Denver Drive, Carpentersville, was charged with burglary this week, after police said he tried to break into a garage in the 0-100 block of Golfview Lane. His bail was set at $75,000 and he had an initial court hearing Thursday, police said.
• A drill and between $200 and $300 in coins were reported stolen Thursday from a garage in the 200 block of North Washington Street, police said.
• Michael J. Alexander, 30, of the 3000 block of Lynwood Court, Streamwood, was charged Thursday with the manufacturing and delivery of between 1 and 15 grams of heroin, according to a police report. His bail was set Friday at $75,000 and he is due in court June 6 at the Kane County Judicial Center.