• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a woman's purse at a Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., or at Sam's Club, 101 W. Oakton St., between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. May 14 and used several credit cards in the wallet: $1,005 at two Target stores, $785 at the Des Plaines Kmart, three separate Shell gas stations, at a Safeway store in Oak Park, and $7 at a Hertz's to reserve a rental car. Loss was estimated at $2,010.
• Thieves stole a white 1995 Wabash trailer out of a lot at 1938 S. Wolf Road between April 26 and May 17.
• Burglars stole money and three silver bar certificates out of a suitcase style firebox and four social security cards and four birth certificates out of a small fireproof box in a home on the 800 block of East Rose Avenue between Oct. 1 and May 20. Value was estimated at $5,200.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2012 Honda CR-V and from a 2006 Honda SUV between 11:30 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. May 16 in a lot at Resurrection Medical Center, 150 N. River Road. Value was estimated at $1,800.
• Serhiy Zhdanovych, 48, of the 700 block of South River Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. May 19 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft. Police said he is accused of taking cologne, razors, athletic pants and a tank top; value estimated at $99. His court date is June 27.
• Vandals used white, yellow, black and tan ink to write graffiti on a utility box, newspaper stands, a cigarette disposal can, a sign, and brown pole before 8:07 a.m. May 18 at the Metra depot, 1501 E. Miner St.
• Thieves stole a saw worm drive and a hammer drill out of tool bins in a business maintenance room at 1585 Ellinwood St., between May 11 and 18. Value was estimated at $495.
• Thieves stole a purse (with iPod, cash, eyeglasses, hoodie, checkbook, credit cards and driver's license) attached to a motorcycle in an alley on the 600 block of Oakwood Court between 5 and 5:30 p.m. May 19. Value was estimated at $350.
• Burglars pried the door jamb but did not get inside a home on the 0-100 block of Inner Circle Drive between 4 and 9 p.m. May 16. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole two landscape blowers out of a trailer parked at Dale Street and Northwest Highway between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. May 14. The employees took equipment out of the trailer and closed it but did not lock it. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• A woman may have stolen a cellphone valued at $550 between 10 p.m. and midnight May 14 out of an apartment on the 1700 block of Forest Cove Drive. The possible offender and her friend visited the victim at his apartment and he noticed the phone missing after they left.
• Burglars broke into a 1997 Nissan Maxima between 9 p.m. May 11 and 10:30 a.m. May 12 in an apartment lot on the 700 block of Huntington Commons Road and stole a radar detector. Loss was estimated at $375.
• Benjamin A. Mullenix, 22, of the 1500 block of Barberry Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 12:50 p.m. May 15 at Kensington Road and Burning Bush Lane and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana grinder). His court date is June 6.
• Thieves stole men's pants, shirt, underwear, shoes, jacket and set of keys out of an unlocked locker at LA Fitness, 225 W. Rand Road, between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. May 13. Value was estimated at $105.
• A man and woman were seen on a security video taking two bottles of tequila from Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, around 9 p.m. May 10. Value was estimated at $131.