• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a pair of gold earrings with four diamonds and a gold necklace with a large fake diamond pendant between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. May 8 out of an unlocked condominium on the 0-100 block of North Vail Avenue.
• Burglars stole two weed cutters, two backpack blowers and two hedge trimmers out of an unlocked landscape trailer around 1:05 p.m. May 14 on the north side of South Middle School, 400 S. Highland Ave. A witness saw the offenders move the items from the trailer to a green older-model Chevrolet Astro van.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets that shattered the rear window at a home on the 2400 block of North Drury Lane between 9 and 9:30 p.m. April 27.
• A man driving a silver 2012 Jeep SUV stole the cellphone from a woman driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer during a traffic altercation, reports said. Around 5:25 p.m. May 14 at Higgins and Mannheim roads, the female driver of the Mitsubishi rear-ended the Jeep on the 1600 block of East Higgins Road and continued driving. The male driver of the Jeep pulled into a parking lot and checked the damage to his vehicle, then resumed driving, catching up to the Lancer stopped at a red light at Mannheim. He sideswiped the Mitsubishi and, when the female victim got out of her car, grabbed her cellphone from her hand and drove away, reports said. Value of the cellphone was estimated at $99.
• Burglars pried a condominium front door between Feb. 24 and May 10 on the 800 block of South Center Street and stole an undetermined amount of jewelry. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals smashed the rear cab window on a 2013 Dodge Ram pickup truck between 10 and 11 a.m. May 14 in the front lot at the Des Plaines Public Library, 1500 Ellinwood St., while the victim tended to the landscape around the library. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a purse containing a $250 paycheck, driver's license, credit card and keys between 11:10 a.m. and noon May 14 out of an unlocked locker at Planet Fitness, 751 W. Golf Road.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $90 out of the center console in a 2007 Hyundai Elantra between 6 p.m. May 14 and 7:30 a.m. May 15 in a driveway on the 2200 block of Scott Street.
• Thieves stole a 30-foot aluminum ladder stored behind a home on the 200 block of South Stevenson Lane between 8 p.m. May 12 and 4 p.m. May 13. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a heater between 3:30 and 11 p.m. May 12 from the driveway at a home on the 900 block of Pecos Lane. The male victim had placed the heater next to another heater and tools while he did flood repair work in his home. Value was estimated at $500.