• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole $20, credit/debit card and ID card out of a man's wallet between 2 and 4:30 p.m. May 13 in a locker at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, and used the card to charge $300 in purchases at a Palatine Target.
• Vandals used black spray paint to cover the photographic eye on a police department speed trailer at Sigwalt Street and Fernandez Avenue between May 10 and 12.
• Vandals scratched a driver's-side fender and both driver's-side doors on a 2013 Acura TL between 7:50 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. May 9 in the Metra lot at 2121 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Thieves stole two cellphones and a camera out of a practice gym between 10:30 and 11:03 p.m. May 10 at St. Viator High School, 1213 E. Oakton St., during a music event. One cellphone was found in a garbage bin in a men's washroom and the camera was found in a tool bin belonging to the event organizer. Value of the missing iPhone was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole an iPhone valued at $700 out of a customer's purse while she shopped at Ross Dress For Less, 370 E. Rand Road, between 9 and 9:30 p.m. May 11. The phone was protruding from the purse and was visible, reports said.
• Burglars stole a purse, wallet, winning lottery ticket, credit and debit cards and gold ring with purple stones and two small diamonds out of an unlocked 2007 Subaru in an employee's lot at Northwest Auto Wash, 900 W. Euclid Ave., between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. May 12. Value of the purse, wallet and lottery ticket was estimated at $45.
• A man was seen on a security video at Jewel-Osco, 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road, taking 10 boxes of nicotine gum and patches, eight boxes of whitening strips, and two cooler bags around 10:45 p.m. May 7. According to reports, the offender hid the boxes in the bags and left without paying. He was described as a white male, approximately 50 years old, bald and wearing black pants, black long-sleeve shirt and blue tie. Value was estimated at $874.
• Four male juveniles may have set a fire that damaged carpeting and the stairway door in the vestibule at an apartment building on the 2100 block of South Goebbert Road around 5:30 p.m. May 12. Witnesses saw them playing with a tennis ball 15 minutes before the fire started, saw the ball on fire and kicked it out of the building. A resident put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
• Alexander D. Carlino, 21, of the 600 block of Carter Street, Libertyville, was arrested around 3:15 a.m. May 12 on the 300 block of East Rand Road and charged with traffic violations, DUI and illegal transportation of liquor. An officer found his car stuck on the median at Northpoint Shopping Center, 370 E. Rand Road. He was slumped down in the car with a cellphone in his lap, reports said. His court date is June 4.
• Dorothy Agata Dziura, 27, of the 900 block of North Wheeling Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 3:20 a.m. May 12 at Arlington Heights Road and George Street and charged with traffic violations, DUI, and illegal transportation of liquor after an officer found an open bottle of a liqueur in the car. Her court date is June 14.
• Thieves stole the air conditioner unit from the roof of a building at 1090 Executive Way between December and May 5. The roof was damaged and water has been leaking into the foreclosed building, reports said. A generator outside the building was damaged or was missing parts. Loss was estimated at $50,000.
• Thieves stole rent checks and money orders out of a collection box in a building on the 600 block of South Lee Street between May 5 and 7. According to reports, someone also took the rent payment one tenant put in the box in April.
• Burglars rang the doorbell at a home on the 2000 block of South Eastview Drive around 8:50 p.m. May 10, but the female resident ignored it. She then heard glass breaking and phoned 911. The offenders used a rock to break a basement window but did not get inside, possibly because they heard her scream. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Burglars climbed through a kitchen window at a home on the 1500 block of South Webster Lane between 5 and 10:30 p.m. May 11 and stole a men's gold chain, four women's gold necklaces, a girl's gold bracelet, three or four gold rings, a video game system, and a bottle of tequila. Value was estimated at $2,010.
• Thieves stole a purple Honda Civic around 3:15 a.m. May 12 parked on the 1400 block of Marshall. A witness saw a white or silver newer model Toyota Camry circling the area. The driver pulled next to the Honda, and the front seat passenger got out of the Toyota and quickly entered the Civic. Both vehicles fled south on Marshall.
• The driver of a scrap truck was seen around 2 p.m. May 9 taking a black grill valued at $400 and donated to a church at 2350 Dempster St. The grill was outside the garage on the north side of the church.
• Frank P. Klupta, 57, of the 100 block of Honeylake, North Barrington, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct around 9 p.m. May 11 after a Metra conductor contacted police. According to reports, Klupta, who got on the train in Chicago, was intoxicated, swore at the conductor and police, refused to buy a ticket, and resisted arrest. An officer threatened to use a Taser to get him to leave the train, reports said. His court date is June 27.
• Thieves stole a digital SLR camera and lens out of a rolling camera bag in the entrance hall at the Old Orchard Country Club, 700 W. Rand Road, around 9 p.m. May 4. The owner left it in order to use the washroom. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2003 Buick Rondevoux SUV in a business lot at 1753 W. Golf Road between 2 and 5:30 p.m. May 7. Value was estimated at $1,800.