• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• A vandal in a Chevrolet Tahoe threw a hammer that hit the front passenger's-side door on a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox on Northwest Highway at Dryden around 1:35 p.m. March 28. The Tahoe sped away.
• Four teenagers used a metal rod to hit the hood, both side mirrors and windshield on a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville on the 700 block of North Gibbons Avenue, around 4 a.m. March 30. They fled in a minivan. Vandals also struck nine lamp posts at homes on the 1100 block of North Walnut Avenue, 1000 block of North Gibbons, 700 block of West Maude Avenue, 1200 block of North Vail Avenue, and 1500 block of North Highland Avenue between 11:30 p.m. March 29 and 8:30 a.m. March 30. Damage was estimated over $2,500. Vandals also hurled the metal end of a broomstick through a picture window on Gibbons.
• Vandals used a golf club to hit and break a light pole at a home on the 500 block of South Rammer Avenue between 8 p.m. March 29 and 7:15 a.m. March 30 and stole 12 decorative solar lights out of the front yard at a home on the 400 block of South Rammer Avenue between noon March 24 and 9:30 p.m. March 27. Value and damage were estimated at $160.
• Vandals hurled a purple sticky liquid that coated a driver's-side door and threw something that broke the driver's-side window on a 2002 Chevrolet Impala on the 1300 block of West Sigwalt Street around 2 a.m. March 30.
• Vandals hit and damaged a mailbox on the 400 block of South Roosevelt around 1 a.m. March 28. Damage was estimated at $40. Vandals hit a lamp post on the 800 block of North Chestnut Avenue between 10 p.m. March 27 and 7 a.m. March 28.
• A vandal hurled a snowball that broke a second-floor bedroom window at a home on the 1100 block of West Alleghany Drive around 4:30 a.m. March 26. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Burglars rifled through the glove box in an unlocked 2002 Toyota Corolla in a hotel lot at 1415 W. Dundee Road, between 9:30 p.m. March 30 and 1:45 a.m. March 31.
• Thieves stole a smartphone in a charger on a desk in the reception area at Expert Auto Repair, 115 W. Dundee Road, between noon and 7 p.m. March 28. Value was estimated at $700.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a locked locker at XSport Fitness, 320 E. Golf Road, between 6:35 and 6:55 p.m. March 29. Someone used a credit card in the wallet to make a $100 purchase at the Meijers in Rolling Meadows. Two additional purchases were denied. The offenders left the victim's cellphone in the locker. He found a fraud alert on the phone when he returned.
• Burglars broke into a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban and a second Suburban in a restaurant/OTB lot, 2000 W. Euclid Ave., between 9 and 11 p.m. March 29 and stole an empty purse valued at $200 out of the first vehicle and an empty briefcase valued at $300 out of the second one.
• Kevin Cisneros, 18, of the 1300 block of Brown Street, Des Plaines, and a 16-year-old boy were arrested around 5:20 p.m. March 29 on the 1500 block of South Lee Street and charged with possession of marijuana and possession with intent to deliver. A court date is April 11.
• Kevin J. Maigler, 18, of the 100 block of Michael John Drive, Park Ridge, and Andrew Zwolfer, 18, of the 300 block of South Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, were arrested around 7:50 p.m. March 30 after an officer on patrol saw them quickly leave Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St. Reports said the officer found marijuana in Maigler's pants pocket and three bottles of vodka and whiskey in the car. According to reports, they admitted stealing one bottle of vodka and one bottle of whiskey from Dominick's and hiding them in their clothes. Maigler was charged with possession of marijuana and both men were charged with retail theft. Their court date is April 16. Value of the liquor was estimated at $106.
• Thieves stole a concrete lion from its pedestal next to a driveway at a home on the 800 block of Concord Court between noon March 30 and noon March 31. The $1,500 statue weighs approximately 100 pounds.
• Thieves stole a video camera with accessories and bag from an 18-year-old male at the Prairie Lakes skate park, 510 E. Algonquin Road, between 8 and 9 p.m. March 26. The victim left the camera while he put his bike into his car. Value was estimated at $700.
• Burglars stole a circular saw and air compressor out of an unlocked garage and a combo drill set out of an unlocked 2004 Ford truck at a home on the 2900 block of Scott Street between 10 p.m. March 28 and 6:30 a.m. March 29. Value was estimated at $680.
• Thieves stole a 20-foot metal extension ladder stored along the side of a mobile home on the 2900 block of Curtis Street between 3 p.m. March 29 and 2 p.m. March 30. Value was estimated at $150.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and case out of an unlocked 2010 Toyota Camry in a driveway on the 800 block of South Robert Drive between 7:30 p.m. March 30 and 9 a.m. March 31. Value was estimated at $850.
• Burglars stole a bowling ball, shoes and bag out of a 2012 Volkswagen Passat in a driveway on the 800 block of South Robert Drive between 10 p.m. March 30 and 8:30 a.m. March 31. Value was estimated at $275.
• Burglars stole cash and nine cassette tapes out of a 2001 Ford Windstar in an apartment lot on the 500 block of Huntington Commons Road between 5 p.m. March 30 and 2 p.m. March 31. Value was estimated at $95. Burglars stole a GPS and case out of a 2011 Toyota Sienna in the same lot. The offenders broke a nail clipper in several pieces, and placed a smooth broken piece in the ignition. Loss was estimated at $220.
• Thieves stole a wallet, valued at $15, from a female customer at Wally's Market, 1731 W. Golf Road, between 1 and 1:30 p.m. March 30. Someone used a debit card in the wallet to make a $10 purchase at an undisclosed store.