• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Two men battered a 37-year-old man in an alley on the 300 block of Oak Street and tried to rob him around 8 p.m. Feb. 27. He was dragging a garbage can toward Harding Street when the men demanded his wallet and car keys. They punched and kicked him when he told them he didn't have the items with him. They ran off when a vehicle approached, reports added.
• Burglars entered a home on the 100 block of Kinkaid Court through the unlocked front door between 1:30 and 2:15 p.m. March 1 and stole three gold bracelets, 15 pairs of gold earrings, a pearl necklace, three women's watches, and four men's watches. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars forced open the rear door at a home on the 700 block of West Westmere Road between 8 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. March 1 and stole two diamond and white gold rings, pair of pearl earrings and an unknown amount of costume jewelry. Value was estimated at $6,000.
• Roman Ortega, 28, of the 1900 block of South Chestnut Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:30 a.m. March 3 near the 800 block of East Oakton Street and charged with residential burglary and aggravated driving while license revoked for DUI. Police report said he tried to take speakers off a porch at a mobile home and fled in his van when confronted by a resident. His court date is March 11.
• Adam D. Botello, 18, of the 2300 block of North Rutherford, Chicago, and Yaseen J. Zeidah, 19, of the 2300 block of South Lexington Avenue, Mount Prospect, were arrested around 10:35 a.m. March 2 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of West Oakton Street and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Their court date is March 19.
• Pawel J. Stachurski, 27, of the 1000 block of West Tallcott Avenue, Park Ridge, was arrested around 5:55 p.m. March 2 during a traffic stop on the 1300 block of Jefferson Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful use of weapon (brass knuckles in car), and traffic violations. His court date is March 28.
• James D. Bradburn, 33, Kevin J. Bradburn, 23, and Nicholas G. Varela-Reato, 18, all of the 1600 block of East Howard Avenue, Des Plaines, were arrested around 6:30 p.m. March 1 during a traffic stop on the 1100 block of South Lee Street and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. James also was charged with traffic violations. Their court date is April 4.
• A man stole an undetermined number of items from Jewel-Osco, 1600 Lee St., around 1:55 p.m. Feb. 27. He hid the merchandise in a Jewel hand basket, covered it with a T-shirt and fled in a silver SUV driven by a male accomplice.
• Burglars stole a small laptop computer, money clip, credit card and $80 out of an unlocked 1997 Chevrolet Blazer in a fitness center lot, 751 W. Golf Road, between 8 and 8:35 a.m. March 1. Value was estimated at $675.
• A burglar forced open the rear door at a home on the 1000 block of South Clark Lane around 7 p.m. March 1, ransacked rooms and stole a suitcase, two pairs of shoes, GPS, several baseball cards, autographed baseballs, short wave radio, several watches, sunglasses, pillowcases, hand-carved smoking pipes and $150. A witness saw him get out of a dark sedan, walk to the rear of the home and saw an accomplice sitting in the driver's seat of the car. The car left before officers arrived. A neighbor found the suitcase near a tree in the backyard. Inside the suitcase were the shoes, GPS, sunglasses, some watches, baseball cards and short wave radio.
• Burglars stole 1,000 CDs, 15 Christmas house figurines, and $3 in loose change out of a 2005 GMC Denali, on the 300 block of Enterprise Drive between 11 p.m. Feb. 28 and 8:20 a.m. March 1. Value was estimated at $10,753.
• David A. Pomeranz, 21, of the 500 block of South Anita, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. Feb. 25 and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took merchandise valued at $91 from Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo/CD player out of a 2000 Honda Civic on the 1500 block of West Dempster Street between 9 p.m. Feb. 26 and 3 p.m. Feb. 27. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars broke into a storage locker on the 0-100 block of West Central Road between Feb. 1 and March 3 and stole a safe and manager's chair. Value was estimated at $269.
• Three males, 15-18 years of age, were seen hiding five bottles of liquor in their shirts at Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, around 10:05 p.m. Feb. 28 and fled. Value was estimated at $198.
• Burglars cut the convertible top on a 2002 Chevrolet Corvette in a business lot at 300 W. Golf Road between 9 and 11:15 p.m. Feb. 26 and stole a GPS, earphones, earpiece, gym bag with sneakers, sweatshirt, sweatpants, and $15.