• Cathodic Protection Management, 39W960 Midian Drive, Elburn, reported Feb. 22 that it had been defrauded of $20,280 worth of submersible pumps, when a client used what later proved to be a stolen credit card to buy them. The 28 pumps were purchased in two transactions, one in January and one in February, according to a sheriff's report.
• Maria V. Soto, 21, of the 41W600 block of Bowgren Drive, Elburn, was arrested at 12:59 a.m. Tuesday in the 0-99 block of Bennett Street, and charged with two counts of possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, according to a police report. The report said an officer stopped her because her car didn't have a light shining on the rear license plate. The officer then discovered her license was suspended and arrested her. She asked for her purse and cellphone; police searched the purse and found two pills: a narcotic painkiller and a barbiturate, according to the report. She was also charged with driving while her license was suspended, and given a warning about the light.
• Someone stole 30 Xanax pills and 24 Adderall pills out of a car on a driveway in the 100 block of Syril Drive between 1 a.m. and 1 p.m. Feb. 19, police said.
• Someone stole 98 T-shirts from shelves near the front door of the Hollister store, 314 Commons Drive, between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Saturday, police said.
• Kevin J. Horn, 24, of the 1100 block of Stillwater Road, Elgin, was charged with public intoxication, at 12:35 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of North First Street, according to a police report.
• Two people were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor, at 3:22 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Burgess Road, according to a police report: Ian K. Sohst, 20, of the 300 block of Woodland Hills Road, Batavia; and Morgan A. Lightner, 20, of the 100 block of South Pleasant Road, Lake Zurich.
• Jonathan W. Elbert, 23, of the 1300 block of Monomoy St., Aurora, was charged with possession of cannabis and driving while his license was suspended, at noon Tuesday at Lusted Lane and Deerpath Road, according to a police report. He was also served a McHenry County warrant on a charge of possession of cannabis.
• A miniature refrigerator was stolen in the 300 block of Main Street, it was reported to police at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday.
• PDS Transportation, 530 Kingsland Drive, reported that between 5 p.m. Feb. 22 and 6 a.m. Monday an anti-theft brake lock on the interior of a semitrailer truck was damaged.
• Adele A. Sorensen, 62, of the 700 block of Jay Street, Elgin, was charged with trespassing, at 5:02 p.m. Monday at Menards, 300 N. Randall Road, according to a police report.
• David M.N. Gray II, 21, of the 1600 block of North Marywood Avenue, Aurora, was charged with trespassing on land from which he had been banned, at 6:55 p.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of East Wilson Street, according to police. He had also been charged Feb. 6 with trespassing in the same area.