• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Brian C. Kurfess, 24, of the 800 block of Mason Lane, Des Plaines, and Ruben Vargas, 23, of the 2000 block of Cedar Street, Des Plaines, were arrested around 6 p.m. Jan. 31 on the 2000 block of South Cedar Street and charged with delivery of marijuana after an officer saw them exchange a bag of marijuana, police reports said. Vargas also was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. A court date was set for Feb. 8.
• Cynthia York, 48, of the 700 block of Pearson Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10:15 p.m. Feb. 2 inside the police station, 1420 E. Miner St., and charged with battery after she reportedly hit an officer on the neck with her left forearm. According to reports, she had walked into the station asking for a cab to drive her home. She fell to the floor and refused to get up and sit on a bench in the lobby. When she did stand up, she struck the officer, police reports said. Her court date is Feb. 22.
• Jason P. Changrachang, 23, of the 1000 block of West Twin Oaks, Bensenville, and Deanna Luz Vazquez, 23, of the 400 block of North Elmwood Avenue, Wood Dale, were arrested around 11:15 p.m. Feb. 1 in the Rivers Casino parking lot, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia after an officer reportedly saw Changrachang disobey a red light left turn at the casino, then found a drug pipe and marijuana in the car. Changrachang also was charged with a traffic violation and city ordinance possession of marijuana. Their court date is March 19.
• Burglars forced open the front door at a home on the 1700 block of East Touhy Avenue between 6:15 and 7:14 p.m. Feb. 1 but did not take anything, possibly because a home alarm went off. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars entered a condominium through a patio door on the 900 block of South River Road between 10 a.m. Jan. 30 and 1 p.m. Jan. 31 and stole $40 and costume jewelry valued at $100 out of a dresser. The male resident recounted an earlier home invasion. He had noticed a light on in a hallway Jan. 17 when he returned from a trip.
• Rukie Bairami, 48, of the 300 block of West Hawthorne Circle, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 7:20 p.m. Feb. 1 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took a necklace, bracelet, two shirts, and a pair of jeans; value was estimated at $144. A security agent reportedly saw her hide the jewelry under a shirt, go into a fitting room and drop the shirt on her way out. Price tags were found wrapped in the shirt. The jewelry and shirts were in her purse and the jeans under the stretch pants she was wearing, reports said. Her court date is March 20.
• Eric I. Baehr, 30, of the 10000 block of Linda Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 1:20 p.m. Jan. 25 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly hid a router valued at $129 in his backpack and left without paying. His court date is Feb. 22.
• Laura Porrua-Alfaro, 37, of the 400 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Feb. 2 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took two pairs of hoop earrings valued at $112. She handed one box of earrings to her baby, then hid both pairs in her baby's diaper bag, reports said. Her court date is March 13.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $150 out of a purse in an unlocked 2006 Nissan Murano in a condominium garage on the 0-100 block of South Wille Street between 7 p.m. Jan. 30 and 8 a.m. Jan. 31.
• Vandals put a deep scratch from the front passenger's-side fender to the rear quarter panel on a 2010 Dodge Nitro in an apartment lot on the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road between 3:40 p.m. Jan. 30 and 9:45 a.m. Jan. 31. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole 15 standpipe fire hose valves from the Randhurst Village parking garage, 1024 Perimeter Drive, between Nov. 24 and Jan. 24. Value was estimated at $1,740.