Volunteer dancers have been practicing for months in preparation for performing on Saturday, Feb. 2, to benefit the PADS of Elgin Inc. homeless shelter.
With that date fast approaching, there are ways for the public to support the shelter and help select the winner.
Contact information ( * required )
You can help your favorite dance team win in two ways. First, by attending the event to contribute your support to them that evening. Tickets are $85 and include dinner and a silent auction. Or if you are unable to attend, you may vote online in advance for their favorite team. Simply log onto https://padsel.ejoinme.org/dance2013 to vote via credit card. Votes in the form of cash or check are also accepted at the PADS office.
Each dollar contributed counts as one vote, and supports your favorite team as well as PADS. To view dance videos from last year's event, visit the "News & Events" page on www.padsofelgin.org or the PADS of Elgin Inc. Facebook page.
Dancers competing in the dance contest include:
• Team One with Angelica and Lukasz Kiezel and instructor Patricia Kassanits
• Team Two with Laura Kay and Zach Bernardoni and instructor Danielle Slater
• Team Three with Barbara and Charles Falls and instructor Vargo's Dance Studio
• Team Four with Elise and Tom Nodurft and instructor Vargo's Dance Studio
• Team Five with Carmen Berrio and Stanley Haladyna with instructors Celia and Maria Lopez
• Team Six with Laura Schock and T.J. Bye with instructor Tonya Lucchetti-Hudson
This annual event represents PADS largest yearly fundraiser. Proceeds from this night, held during one of the coldest months of the year, literally keep the doors open for hundreds of men, women and children who rely on PADS to provide safe shelter for them each year. Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting the PADS office at (847) 608-9744.
PADS of Elgin Inc.is a nonprofit, community-based organization, which provides emergency, overnight shelter to homeless men, women and children within Elgin, Dundee and Hanover townships. PADS is a catalyst in fostering community and social service agency partnerships, which effectively and efficiently provide coordinated services for short- and intermediate-term customized care, targeting client growth, development and self-sufficiency.