Fire causes $180,000 in damage to Ingleside home
A fire that started in the basement of an Ingleside home Wednesday afternoon caused an estimated $180,000 in damage, according to officials.
Firefighters responded to a call at 3:44 p.m. reporting a fire at a one-story, single-family home on the 35000 block of Hunt Avenue, said Larry Van Hoorelbeke, battalion chief for Fox Lake fire department.
Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke coming from the fireplace chimney, Van Hoorelbeke said. After entering the home, firefighters found a fire that had started in the basement, where the homeowner's brother had been grinding metals, he said.
The fire was under control in about 20 minutes, Van Hoorelbeke said. No one was in the home when the fire began, he said, and no injuries were reported.
The fire, which has been ruled accidental, was contained to the basement and part of the first floor, Van Hoorelbeke said.
Firefighters from Round Lake, Grayslake, Lake Villa, Wauconda, Spring Grove, Antioch and McHenry helped with the fire.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close