• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Warren E. Shabaz, 66, of the 2100 block of Schiller Avenue, Wilmette, was arrested around 10:10 p.m. Jan. 11 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance battery after he reportedly slapped and punched a 51-year-old man in the face because he didn't like the way the victim was betting while both were playing at a gambling table. His court date is March 5.
• Ryan C. Diversey, 18, of the 700 block of Elmore Street, Park Ridge, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Jan. 10 after a traffic stop on the 1800 block of South River Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Officers found two small bags of marijuana, a grinder, and three drug pipes. His court date is Feb. 22.
• Carlos Schubert, 25, of the 10000 block of West Palmer, Melrose Park, was arrested around 8 a.m. Jan. 12 on the 1700 block of South Spruce Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and DUI. His court date is Feb. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Nissan Xterra SUV on the 200 block of West Dover Drive between noon Jan. 6 and 7:15 a.m. Jan. 7 and stole a breathylzer unit, saw, drills, tuckpointing tool, socket set, and power cords. Value was estimated at $4,410.
• Thieves stole a blue 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV out of a dealership show lot at 77 E. Rand Road between Dec. 23 and Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $51 out of an unlocked 2005 Volvo SUV in a lot in front of the Des Plaines Library, 1501 Ellinwood St., between 8:30 and 8:50 p.m. Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a phone charger, GPS unit and two CDs out of an unlocked 2007 Chrysler Pacifica in a driveway on the 900 block of West Grant Drive between 9 p.m. Jan. 12 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 13.
• A man grabbed a purse containing $500 out of a customer's shopping cart at Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., around 9:45 p.m. Jan. 11. He ran out of the store and fled in a red sports car. He was described as 30-35 years old, 5-foot-8, 175 pounds, with a beard and mustache, and wearing a striped brown knit cap, dark jacket, blue jeans and dark shoes.
• Vandals put several scratches on a 2000 Pontiac sedan at the Mount Prospect Park District RecPlex, 420 W. Dempster St., between 6 and 10 p.m. Jan. 10. Damage was estimated at $3,027.
• A male, 15-20 years old, was seen on a security video taking a boys' unlocked black and red bicycle parked outside a store at 1042 S. Elmhurst Road around 6:35 p.m. Jan. 2. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a 6-foot metal bike rack from the rear parking lot at an orthodontics office, 421 W. Prospect Ave., between Jan. 4 and 7. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a village water tower, 1480 N. Elmhurst Road, between 2 p.m. Jan. 11 and 8:45 a.m. Jan. 12. Damage was estimated at $250.