• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Warren E. Shabaz, 66, of the 2100 block of Schiller Avenue, Wilmette, was arrested around 10:10 p.m. Jan. 11 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance battery after he reportedly slapped and punched a 51-year-old man in the face because he didn't like the way the victim was betting while both were playing at a gambling table. His court date is March 5.
• Ryan C. Diversey, 18, of the 700 block of Elmore Street, Park Ridge, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Jan. 10 after a traffic stop on the 1800 block of South River Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Officers found two small bags of marijuana, a grinder, and three drug pipes. His court date is Feb. 22.
• Carlos Schubert, 25, of the 10000 block of West Palmer, Melrose Park, was arrested around 8 a.m. Jan. 12 on the 1700 block of South Spruce Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and DUI. His court date is Feb. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Nissan Xterra SUV on the 200 block of West Dover Drive between noon Jan. 6 and 7:15 a.m. Jan. 7 and stole a breathylzer unit, saw, drills, tuckpointing tool, socket set, and power cords. Value was estimated at $4,410.
• Thieves stole a blue 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV out of a dealership show lot at 77 E. Rand Road between Dec. 23 and Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $51 out of an unlocked 2005 Volvo SUV in a lot in front of the Des Plaines Library, 1501 Ellinwood St., between 8:30 and 8:50 p.m. Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a phone charger, GPS unit and two CDs out of an unlocked 2007 Chrysler Pacifica in a driveway on the 900 block of West Grant Drive between 9 p.m. Jan. 12 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 13.
• A man grabbed a purse containing $500 out of a customer's shopping cart at Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., around 9:45 p.m. Jan. 11. He ran out of the store and fled in a red sports car. He was described as 30-35 years old, 5-foot-8, 175 pounds, with a beard and mustache, and wearing a striped brown knit cap, dark jacket, blue jeans and dark shoes.
• Vandals put several scratches on a 2000 Pontiac sedan at the Mount Prospect Park District RecPlex, 420 W. Dempster St., between 6 and 10 p.m. Jan. 10. Damage was estimated at $3,027.
• A male, 15-20 years old, was seen on a security video taking a boys' unlocked black and red bicycle parked outside a store at 1042 S. Elmhurst Road around 6:35 p.m. Jan. 2. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a 6-foot metal bike rack from the rear parking lot at an orthodontics office, 421 W. Prospect Ave., between Jan. 4 and 7. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a village water tower, 1480 N. Elmhurst Road, between 2 p.m. Jan. 11 and 8:45 a.m. Jan. 12. Damage was estimated at $250.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close