• Four tires were slashed on a vehicle in the 800 block of Morton Street, it was reported at 9:27 a.m. Sunday, police said.
Contact information ( * required )
• A spare tire was stolen off a Ford Explorer in the 300 block of Orion Drive, it was reported at 10:47 a.m. Saturday, police said.
• Four tires were slashed on a vehicle in the 300 block of Houston Street, it was reported at 10:57 p.m. Thursday, police said.
• Someone broke a window to a vehicle and stole a purse at Kiddie Academy, 2201 Main St., it was reported at 5:53 p.m. Thursday, police said.
• A BB shattered a window between 7 a.m. Jan. 7 and 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Sunrise Dental Care, 502 E. State St., police said
• John D. Brecht, 23, of the 1200 block of Herrington Road, Geneva, was charged with felony aggravated battery, four counts of misdemeanor domestic battery, and criminal damage to property, at 6 a.m. Jan. 5 at his home, according to a police report. Brecht was arguing with a relative, who then tried to film the argument on an iPhone. Brecht, according to the report, knocked the phone away and started strangling the relative. He also pushed another person, and punched a hole in a door.
• A Batavia man was charged with retail theft at 8 p.m. Jan. 7. According to a Geneva police report, Shaquille B. Smith, 19, of the 600 block of North Washington Street, was accused of stealing two bottles of Captain Morgan rum from Dominick's, 2000 N. Randall Road.
• Two men were charged with theft at 10 a.m. Thursday. According to a Geneva police report, Alan R. Wolter and Richard Allen Schultze stole a portable metal dog cage from A New Dog, 2540 Kaneville Road. Wolter, 53, lives in the 600 block of McKinley Avenue, Geneva. Schultze, 49, lives in the 41W300 block of Galena Boulevard, Sugar Grove.
• A 9-foot-tall sculpture of a horse and rider, made out of bicycle parts, was stolen between noon Jan. 3 and noon Jan. 6 off a parkway in the 1100 block of South Randall Road, police said.
• Seven people were charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:42 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 1300 block of Miller Road, according to a police report. Those charged were Keili L. Mason, 19, of the 1100 block of Cheever Avenue in Geneva; Erin E. Deane, 20, off the 300 block of Southwest Avenue, Elmhurst; Nicholas L. Faught, 20, of the 300 block of Harrison Street in Geneva; Michael Becht, 20, of the 1200 block of Herrington Road, Geneva; Ryan P. Mallon, 20, of the 1300 block of Miller Road, Geneva; Jason C. Adams, 20, of the 2700 block of Patton Avenue, Geneva, and John P. Landry, 20, of the 39W600 block of Harvey Square, Geneva. Mallon was also charged with possession of cannabis, police said.