• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a 2008 silver Yamaha motorcycle out of an apartment building basement on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road between Dec. 20 and Jan. 9. Value was estimated at $8,000.
• Thieves stole two furnace units out of a home under construction on the 0-100 block of East Willow Road between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 8 and 2 p.m. Jan. 9 and stole two air conditioners from the west side of the home. Value was estimated at $5,600.
• Burglars pried the rear patio doors and a rear window at a home on the 2100 block of Lake Shore Circle between noon Jan. 5 and 3 p.m. Jan. 7 and stole jewelry and possibly a sterling silverware set.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chrysler Voyager in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of East Fairview Street between 4 p.m. Jan. 6 and 11 p.m. Jan. 7 and stole an envelope containing over $350 out of the glove box.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Saturn Outlook, 2007 Toyota 4Runner, and a 2007 Hyundai SUV in a bowling alley lot, 3435 N. Kennicott Ave., between 7 and 10 p.m. Jan. 9, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole a desktop computer valued at $600 out of an apartment rental office on the 300 block of Happfield Drive between Dec. 24 and Jan. 7.
• Eric Seaton, 24, of the 1900 block of North Avenue, Waukegan, was arrested around 12:25 a.m. Jan. 8 on the 300 block of East Golf Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 25.
• Michael J. Livingston, 22, of the 4200 block of North Bloomington Avenue, Arlington Heights, and Steven Pyka, 20, of the 6700 block of North Octavia, Chicago, were arrested after a traffic stop on the 1400 block of Miner Street. Pyka was charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and his court date is Jan. 25. Livingston was taken into custody on two outstanding arrest warrants from Arlington Heights and DuPage County.
• Thieves removed the cover to the air conditioner outside an office building at 1640 Elk Blvd. between 5 p.m. Jan. 1 and 9 a.m. Jan. 2 and cut several wires in an attempt to get to the copper. The attempt failed. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Someone stole a wallet out of a male volunteer's back pocket at the PADS homeless shelter in St. Mark's Church, 205 S. Wille, between midnight and 8 a.m. Jan. 8. Value was estimated at $350.
• Thieves stole an unlocked white 2000 Ford Windstar van with the engine running to warm up in an apartment lot on the 500 block of Love Drive between 6:30 and 6:45 a.m. Dec. 23. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• An offender shot a bullet that hit the tailgate on a 2007 Saturn Vue as the vehicle traveled east on the Palatine frontage road near Plaza Drive between 8 and 8:30 p.m. Dec. 30. The bullet traveled through the tailgate, through a rear passenger's-side seat and landed on the floor by the seat. According to reports, a 30-year-old passenger and the male driver spoke with gang members in a blue Ford Expedition while both were stopped at a red light on the frontage road at Wheeling Road, but they did not see the vehicle follow them and they did not see the shooter.
• Burglars stole a purse containing over $300, two laptop computers, an iPad, camera and hard drives out of an unlocked 2003 Honda Element in a driveway on the 1100 block of Drake Terrace between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 25 and 12:30 a.m. Dec. 26.
• Burglars pried the lock and stole stereo speakers and four chrome wheels and tires out of a locker in the basement of a condominium building on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road between midnight and 11 a.m. Dec. 23. Value was estimated at $1,270.
• Vandals punctured the two rear tires on a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria in an apartment lot on the 700 block of Piper Lane between Dec. 23 and 28.
• Vandals shattered the outer panel on a glass patio door at a condominium on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road around 6 p.m. Dec. 31. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Burglars ransacked an unlocked 2011 Chevrolet Equinox and another unlocked vehicle in a driveway on the 100 block of South Owen Place between 10 p.m. Jan. 1 and 6 a.m. Jan. 2 and stole a canvas bag and checkbook out of the Chevrolet. A resident on the 500 block of East Holly in Mount Prospect found the bag in his yard. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Eva Consuelo Reyes, 34, of the 400 block of Inland Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 7 p.m. Jan. 8 and charged with theft after she and a female companion reportedly ran from Taqueria Alamo restaurant, 58 N. Wolf Road, without paying the $92 check. The manager ran after Reyes and officers stopped her in front of the Wheeling Cemetery on Dundee Road.
• Vandals scratched driver and passenger's sides on a 2004 Mercedes SUV in an apartment lot on the 200 block of Eighth Street between Jan. 1 and 7. Damage was estimated at $300.