Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Mariam Goldaneh, 21, of the 2700 block of North West Street, River Grove, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Jan. 3 during a traffic stop on the 2000 block of South Mannheim Road and charged with traffic violations and city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe). Her court date is Jan. 23.
• Cordell C. Renner, 23, of the 2100 block of South Westview Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11 p.m. Jan. 3 after a traffic stop on the 800 block of South River Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Nicholas J. Steffan, 21, of the 900 block of West Villa Drive, Des Plaines, as arrested around 8:55 p.m. Jan. 4 at his home and charged with city ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Jan. 23.
•Leticia Zamora, 35, of the 3500 block of West Belden, Chicago, was arrested around 10:55 p.m. Jan. 4 at Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took food, straws, and five DVDs; value was estimated at $135. Her court date is Feb. 6.
• Stanley Baran, 47, of the 400 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, and Esteban Vargasanda, 53, of the 100 block of West Colfax, Palatine, were arrested around 8:40 p.m. Jan. 5 at the Metra depot, 1501 E. Miner St., and charged with criminal trespass after they had been banned from the property. Vargasanda also was charged with drinking in public after the officer saw him drinking beer and throwing the can onto the railroad tracks, according to reports. Their court date is Jan. 23.
• Eric P. Schmidt, 20, of the 2700 block of Craig Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Jan. 6 on the 1800 block of Forest Avenue and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Feb. 11.
• Thieves stole a blue 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV on the 700 block of Dulles between 9:30 p.m. Jan. 2 and 9 a.m. Jan. 3.
• Vandals used spray paint to write gang graffiti on a guard rail, a fence, a one-way sign, and on two mobile homes on the 800 block of East Oakton Street, 1600 block of South Linden Street, and 1600 block of East Oakton Street between Dec. 28 and Jan. 5.
• Jessie Lydia Norman, 19, of the 1800 block of West Chase, Chicago, was arrested around 10 p.m. Jan. 1 on Bonita Avenue at Lincoln Street and charged with unlawful use of weapons (metal knuckles in her purse), driving without a valid driver's license, and traffic violations. Her court date is Feb. 19.
• Jennifer S. Lightner, 22, of the 100 block of South Pleasant Road, Lake Zurich, was arrested around 11:35 p.m. Dec. 25 and charged with village ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana grinder) in an apartment lot on the 1600 block of Cottonwood Lane.
• Angel Pineda, 19, of the 900 block of Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6 a.m. Jan. 4 on the 900 block of Boxwood Drive and charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor. His court date is Jan. 22.
• Barbara Maria Zielinska, 67, of the 900 block of Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 5:50 p.m. Jan. 6 at Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took four women's shirts valued at $210. Her court date is Feb. 19.
• A man in his 20s was seen on a security video taking three bottles of vodka valued at $116 from Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, around 10:50 p.m. Jan. 2.
• Burglars stole a black bag containing a laptop computer and trucking papers out of a 2006 Peterbilt semitractor truck in a lot on the 2200 block of South Busse Road between noon Dec. 29 and noon Jan. 3. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Ford van belonging to Elite Labor Service and parked in a lot on the 1700 block of West Algonquin Road between 1:30 p.m. Dec. 28 and 3 a.m. Jan. 2 and stole a phone charger. Loss was estimated at $220.
• Thieves stole an iPhone, projector and two men's shirts out of a bedroom in an apartment on the 1700 block of Mansard Lane between 1 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 5. Value was estimated at $700.
• Thieves stole a purse left on a table during a wedding at Old Orchard Country Club, 700 W. Rand Road, around 10:45 p.m. Jan. 5. An iPhone, credit and debit cards, and cash were in the purse. Value was estimated at $735. Someone used one of the credit cards for a $1 purchase at a Speedway gas station in Arlington Heights and tried twice but failed to use a card at a Walmart in Addison.
• Burglars stole two speakers and a speaker box out of a 2006 Jeep SUV in a driveway on the 1600 block of East Cedar Lane around 3:45 a.m. Jan. 4. A female resident woke to the sound of an engine running; she looked out and saw an SUV idling on the street. Value was estimated at $500.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close