The Des Plaines Camera Club offers members the opportunity to enter images into competition in both print and electronic formats. Between September and May, Image of the Month awards, as well as Awards and Honorable Mentions, are presented for both formats.
The second competition of the fall season occurred on Nov. 26:
• Print of the Month, December, was awarded to Tom Mulick for "Baboon."
• DPI (Digital Image) of the Month, December, was awarded to Jeff Bonta for "Bare Footin."
• Print of the Month, January, was awarded to Jerry Hug for "Milwaukee Skyline."
• DPI (Digital Image) of the Month, January, was awarded to Jane Ballengee for "Mirror Image."
In addition, Awards went to: Marie Rakozy for "Point Betsie Light"; Ken Kendzy for "Down the up Staircase"; Ken Kendzy for "Snow Leopard"; Sue Lindell for "Curved Flight" and Honorable Mentions to David Waycie for "The King" and Sue Lindell for "Prince Charming."
You can see these as well as other photos under Galleries, Competition, November, 2012, on the Des Plaines Camera Club website at www.desplainescameraclub.com or on our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/DesPlainesCameraClub.
Whatever level of interest in photography you have, all are cordially invited to attend a meeting. The Des Plaines Camera Club meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month September through May. Meetings are at 7 p.m., in the Des Plaines Park District Arndt Field House, 1990 White St., in Des Plaines. Watch for announcements of special programs that will be coming up. For question. please contact Tom Mulick, president, at email@example.com or 847) 894-5112.
• Send Your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.