• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• An Arlington Heights man faces multiple charges after an accident involving a school bus. The bus was carrying 41 students, ages 5 to 12. There were only minor injuries. John D. Schuster, 48, of the 500 block of South Reuter, was arrested around 3:40 p.m. Dec. 11 at Wilke and Grove and charged with DUI, illegal transportation of liquor, failure to yield turning left, and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. He was driving a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche and reportedly turned left from the inside lane of southbound Wilke Road to Grove Street in front of a school bus traveling north on Wilke. The bus was unable to stop and hit the side of Schuster's vehicle. The Chevrolet then hit a Plymouth Neon waiting on Grove to turn onto Wilke. Schuster's court date is Jan. 25.
• Jonathan Finley, 27, of the 5000 block of Catanzaro Way, Antioch, Calif., was arrested around 2:40 a.m. Dec. 18 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery after Finley punched a 25-year-old man in the nose while both were playing blackjack, then punched him again after he fell on the floor, reports said. According to reports, Finley was angry that he had lost money; he punched the other player because the man gloated that he had won. Finley's court date is Jan. 17.
• Marcin Slazak, 22, of the 200 block of Anderson Terrace, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:40 a.m. Dec. 19 during a traffic stop on the 1200 block of Leslie Lane and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe). His court date is Jan. 25.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit valued at $300 out of an unlocked 2007 Lincoln Town Car in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Scott Street between 4 p.m. Dec. 17 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 18. Offenders also entered an unlocked 2006 Lincoln Town Car in the same driveway, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars stole two video-game controllers, wallet and case of beer out of an unlocked 2008 Nissan Sentra in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Scott Street between 10 p.m. Dec. 17 and 7:45 a.m. Dec. 18. Value was estimated at $111.
• Andrew P. Jamroz, 35, of the 2700 block of West 51st Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1:20 p.m. Dec. 12 and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took 12 bottles of champagne valued at $800, hid them in two liquor store bags he carried into the store, and left without paying. Reports said he dropped the bags when confronted in the parking lot by a security agent. He fled but was stopped by officers on the 700 block of Dulles in Des Plaines.
• Ravia L. Dantagari, 25, of the 2200 block of South Lexington Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Dec. 14 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly took two pairs of silver-plated earrings valued at $95. Her court date is Feb. 1.
• Burglars stole a purse valued at $110 out of an unlocked 1997 Toyota Corolla in an apartment lot on the 1500 block of Cottonwood Drive between 4:45 and 5:10 p.m. Dec. 14 and used a credit card in the purse to make two purchases in Rolling Meadows: one at Meier's for $500 and one at Game Stop for $398.
• Ryan Edward Sylverne, 25, of the 0-100 block of Bernard Drive, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Dec. 17 on the 400 block of West Dundee Road and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 18. Charges were dismissed against Sylverne on Feb. 25.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and gold jewelry out of an apartment on the 900 block of Corey Lane between 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 12. Value was estimated at $1,515.
• Thieves cut a cable locking a Bobcat vehicle to the ground in a townhouse parking lot on the 600 block of Lexington Drive between 11 a.m. Dec. 14 and 9 a.m. Dec. 17 but did not take it. Damage was estimated at $50.