• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Jose F. Benavidez-Carranza, 33, of the 1100 block of East Northwest Highway, Palatine, was arrested around noon Dec. 10 at the Metra depot, 1501 Miner St., and charged with local ordinances drinking in public and trespassing after officers were called to the depot and found him intoxicated. He had been banned from the depot on Oct. 22. He was arrested and charged again with trespassing and drinking in public around 1:20 p.m. Dec. 11 at the same location, police reports said. His court date is Jan. 8.
• Anthony J. Zourkas, 20, of the 700 block of Therese Terrace, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:45 p.m. Dec. 7 on the 600 block of Patricia Lane and charged with city ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Jan. 25.
• Thieves stole a package containing a smartphone delivered by UPS around 6:10 p.m. Dec. 6 to the front porch at a home on the 100 block of Jeffery Lane. The victim looked for the package around 7 p.m. but it was gone. Value was estimated at $470.
• Thieves stole an unlocked silver bicycle parked outside a bar at 1122 S. Lee St. between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 10. Value was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole a wallet and change purse out of a purse left near the sink in a washroom at the Des Plaines Library, 1501 E. Ellinwood St., between 9:30 and 10 a.m. Dec. 10. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and carrying case out of an unlocked 2004 Dodge Sprinter van at Lattof YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy., between 2 and 3 p.m. Dec. 11. Value was estimated at $2,500.
• Burglars stole a lawn mower out of an unlocked shed in the backyard at a home on the 1800 block of South Sycamore Street between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 12. Value was estimated at $400.
• Jeff G. Gaspard, 22, of the 0-100 block of Judith Ann Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around noon Dec. 7 at Menard's, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a headphone splitter, noise canceling earbuds, video player, and electronic tablet. Value was estimated at $207. His court date is Jan. 9.
• Demetrio Moreno, 40, of the 100 block of Dennis, Wheeling, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. Dec. 4 at Menard's, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a battery charger and three router bits; value was estimated at $91. His court date is Dec. 17.
• Thieves removed the lock on a men's locker at the Mount Prospect Park District RecPlex, 420 W. Dempster St., between 8:15 and 9:20 p.m. Dec. 11 and stole a backpack containing cash, keys, pool pass and sunscreen. Value was estimated at $260.
• Thieves stole a white wrought iron bench outside the front door at a home on the 1700 block of East Wood Lane between 7 p.m. Dec. 4 and 5 p.m. Dec. 5. Value was estimated at $125.
• Daniel Ramirez, 19, of the 500 block of Shelly Court, Wheeling, was arrested around 3:35 p.m. Dec. 10 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took a video game. His court date is Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a pack of cigarettes and 24 cans of cola out of an unlocked 1995 Chevrolet Corsica in a mobile home park on the 100 block of Coach Road between 5:40 p.m. Dec. 9 and 3 p.m. Dec. 10.
• Burglars stole a speaker and tool boxes out of a 1997 Ford Explorer in a driveway on the 300 block of Surrey Road between 2:45 and 2:58 a.m. Dec. 10. They also stole an aluminum dolly and a white BMX bike from the carport, and ransacked a Chevrolet Cobalt and Hyundai Accent in the same driveway. A car alarm woke the male owner, reports said.
• Thieves stole a purse after the female owner left it on a porch at a mobile home on Chariot Road between 7 p.m. Dec. 10 and 3 a.m. Dec. 11. They tried to use her credit cards in Buffalo Grove to make purchases at a Burger King and a gas station and to get money at an ATM. Calls from her bank and Discover, asking if she had used her cards, alerted her to the theft.
• Burglars ransacked five vehicles on Curricle Road, Brougham Drive, and Landau Lane between 10 and 11 p.m. Dec. 11 and stole $200 out of a 1998 Dodge Caravan. Offenders also broke into two sheds but nothing appeared to be missing. A witness saw a man wearing a dark-colored hoodie in his neighbor's car on the 100 block of Curricle Road, reports added.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a customer's purse at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, between 2 and 3:05 p.m. Dec. 7.