Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Alexander M. Kiss, 22, of the 900 block of East Cherry Lane, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 4 a.m. Dec. 9 on Thomas at Beverly and charged with resisting police officers, felony aggravated DUI, and traffic violations. HIs court date is Jan. 19.
• Steven J. Stuckey, 24, of the 0-100 block of North Lincoln, Park Ridge, was arrested around 1 a.m. Dec. 9 at Red Roof Inn, 22 W. Algonquin Road, and charged with criminal damage after he reportedly damaged a door, cracking the glass and bending the frame, after he found the front doors locked. His court date is Jan. 25.
• Burglars climbed through an unlocked south side basement window at St. James School, 821 N. Arlington Heights Road, between 4 p.m. Dec. 8 and 8:39 a.m. Dec. 9 and took two cases of cola and broke three glass vases. The offenders used one of the vases to break a classroom door window. A maintenance employee heard voices around 10 p.m. but did not see anyone. Loss was estimated at $185.
• A man in his 20s left a Peoples cab without paying the $45 fare around 4:45 a.m. Dec. 8. The cabdriver had taken him to the 1300 block of South Dunton Avenue from a nightclub in Stone Park. He told the driver he would go inside his home and get the fare money, but he walked between houses and disappeared.
• Thieves stole a reindeer lawn decoration out of the front yard at a home on the 0-100 block of South Gibbons between 11 p.m. Dec. 7 and 7 a.m. Dec. 8. The 3-foot white metal reindeer with white lights was valued at $100.
• Thieves stole an 8-inch figurine of a woman holding her yellow dress out of an unlocked apartment in a senior living building on the 1200 block of West Central Road between 8 and 11:30 a.m. Dec. 7. Value was estimated at $60.
• Thieves stole a 3-foot plastic Winnie the Pooh lawn decoration out of the front yard at a home on the 1600 block of South Princeton Avenue between 4 p.m. Dec. 8 and 10:15 a.m. Dec. 9. Value was estimated at $30.
• Burglars stole a camera bag and digital camera out of an unlocked rented Toyota Rav 4 in a hotel lot at 22 W. Algonquin Road between 10 p.m. Dec. 7 and 5:30 a.m. Dec. 8. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole loose change out of a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier and 2001 Chevrolet Malibu in a driveway on the 300 block of North Yale between 7 p.m. Dec. 8 and 5:01 a.m. Dec. 9. Value was estimated at $5.
• Burglars stole loose change and a St. Christopher medal out of an unlocked 2001 Buick Park Avenue in a driveway on the 100 block of South Patton Avenue between 7 p.m. Dec. 8 and noon Dec. 9. Value was estimated at $18.
• Vandals scratched the video order screen and drew purple lines on the side of the display board at the drive-through window at Culvers, 2060 E. Northwest Hwy., between 10:30 p.m. Dec. 5 and 10 a.m. Dec. 6. This is the fourth vandalism incident at the restaurant.
• Vandals hurled a 10-pound rock through a front 4.5-foot by 5-foot picture window at a home on the 100 block of East Henry Street at 12:45 a.m. Dec. 9. They also bashed the rear window and side window on a 2003 Jeep in the driveway and broke a coach light and security camera on the garage. Damage to the vehicle windows and camera was estimated at $755.
• Holly R. Victor, 39, of the 600 block of West Russell Street, Barrington, was arrested Nov. 29 at 200 Applebee St. and charged with sale of alcohol to a minor. Her court date is Dec. 20.
• Sava Koumandarakis, 18, of the 0-100 block of Chippewa Court, Barrington, was arrested Nov. 23 on the 100 block of South Route 14 and charged with possession of marijuana. A court date is Jan. 3.
• Collin J. Hill, 20, of the 600 block of South Beverly Lane, Arlington Heights, was arrested Nov. 24 at Lake-Cook and Ela roads and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor. His court date is Dec. 20.
• Jacob D. Walls, 21, of the 1500 block of Pebblecreek Drive, Sartell, Minn., was arrested Nov. 24 at Lake-Cook and Ela roads and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 11.
• Michael J. Sorensen, 20, of the 200 block of East Fourth Street, Duluth, Minn., was arrested Nov. 24 at Lake-Cook Road and Oak Ridge Lane and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor. His adjudication hearing is Dec. 20.
• Thieves stole a set of sterling silver flatware out of a home on the 700 block of South Northwest Highway Nov. 26.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle at Good Shepherd Health and Fitness, 1301 S. Barrington Road, Nov. 26 and stole a purse.
• A motorist pumped gas valued at $60 at the Shell gas station, 106 N. Northwest Hwy., Nov. 27 and drove away with out paying.
• Thieves stole dental equipment out of an office at 18 E. Dundee Road Nov. 28.
• Thieves stole four wheels and rims from a pickup truck parked behind Wickstrom Ford, 600 W. Northwest Hwy., Dec. 1.
Elk Grove Village
• Olufunmbi O. Aransiola, 25, of the 1000 block of Nerge Road, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 2:10 a.m. Dec. 1 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 10.
• Burglars stole a purse with gift cards out of an unlocked 2003 Volkswagen Passat on the 0-100 block of Sylvan between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 2 and 8 a.m. Dec. 3. Value was estimated at $432.
• Jonathan Gonzalez, 18, of the 0-100 block of Grand Central Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 5:p.m. Nov. 30 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took liquor and a 40-inch flat screen TV.
• Joshua Harris, 32, of the 500 block of West Pine, Roselle, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Dec. 5 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took three TVs on Dec. 3 and 5. Value was estimated at $800. His court date is Jan. 11.
• Amanda Nunez, 21, of the 300 block of Wheelock Street, Elgin, and Kewon J. Washington, 20, of the 100 block of East Shagbark Lane, Streamwood, were arrested around 10:20 p.m. Nov. 30 on the 700 block of Garden Circle. Nunez was charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe and grinder); Washington was charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Their court date is Dec. 18.
• Burglars ransacked an unlocked 2004 Mitsubishi Galant and stole a cellphone in an apartment lot on the 2000 block of Essex Court between 2 and 6 p.m. Dec. 1. Value was estimated at $200.
• Two men were seen on security tape taking merchandise from Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, around 6:50 p.m. Dec. 1.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close