Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals hurled rocks that broke a bedroom window at a home on the 1300 block of East Evergreen Drive between 4 and 4:05 a.m. Dec. 2. A resident woke and heard glass breaking.
• Burglars stole the in-dash TV/radio, 10 DVDs and two debit cards out of an unlocked 2000 Dodge van on the 1300 block of Shadow Lake Terrace between 10 p.m. Nov. 28 and 6 a.m. Nov. 29.
• Burglars stole a purse out of an unlocked 2011 Mazda Tribute SUV in a driveway on the 400 block of East Diane Drive between 6 and 8:06 p.m. Nov. 29. The purse was later found on the ground but cash estimated between $80 and $100 was missing.
• Burglars broke into at 2008 Ford sedan in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of North Prairie Brook Drive between 2 and 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 and stole a digital camera valued at $500.
• Burglars stole prescription eyeglasses and a brown carrying case out of an unlocked 2010 Toyota sedan on the 400 block of South Warren Avenue between 5 p.m. Dec. 2 and 5:16 a.m. Dec. 3.
• Burglars stole a white mountain bike with luggage rack and LED headlights out of a garage at a home on the 500 block of East Constitution Drive between 3 p.m. Dec. 2 and 7 p.m. Dec. 3. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves overturned a dryer in the laundry room at two apartment buildings on the 1300 block of North Baldwin Court between 7 p.m. Nov. 29 and 9 a.m. Nov. 30, pried open the coin boxes and stole $100 out of each.
• Roderick Anthony Dunwell Jr., 23, of the 400 block of Hames Court, Glendale Heights, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. Dec. 2 at Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, and charge with retail theft, possession of marijuana and possession with intent to deliver. A security agent reportedly saw Dunwell place merchandise into his backpack; the agent chased and caught him in the parking lot.
• Jacobe E. Umoren, 20, of the 900 block of Westmoreland Street, Vernon Hills, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Dec. 4 and charged with possession of marijuana and failure to yield turning left on Lake-Cook Road at Raupp Boulevard.
• Patrick Lee Berman, 20, of the 100 block of Glendale Road, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. Dec. 2 at Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, and charged with theft after he reportedly hid merchandise in his bag.
• Benito Figueroa, 39, of the 2300 block of North Major Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 11:20 a.m. Nov. 28 at Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took merchandise and hid the items in his backpack.
• Alexander E. Hernandez, 18, of the 200 block of Cindy, Wheeling, was arrested around 6 p.m. Nov. 27 at his home and charged with theft after an incident on the 100 block of Mary Lu Lane between 2 and 5 p.m. Nov. 24.
• Thieves stole a men's suit, three dresses and pair of women's slacks after a dry cleaner delivered them to a home on the 2400 block of Overview Drive and hung them on the front door between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Dec. 3.
• Thieves stole a cellphone after the female owner left it in the cafeteria at Cooper Middle School, 1050 Plum Grove Circle around 7:25 p.m. Nov. 29.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close