• Nicholas Garza, 30, of the 200 block of North Aldine Street in Elgin, was arrested Nov. 22 on charges of public drunkenness, according to a police report. An officer observed Garza challenging a group of people to a fight. In interviewing Garza, the officer noted he appeared intoxicated with slurred speech, glassy eyes and the smell of alcohol on his breath. The officer issued Garza a citation and let him be escorted away from the scene by friends.
Contact information ( * required )
• Jonathan D. Judson, 32, of the 1300 block of Fox Meadow Court, and Neil A. Scroggin, 39, of the 1400 block of Dean Street, were arrested Nov. 22, according to a police report. Officers responded to a report of a possible fight in progress on the 1300 block of Fox Meadow Court to observe two male subjects wresting on the ground. The subjects were separated and identified as Judson and Scroggin. The two men told officers they were friends who were in a dispute over several issues and had been drinking. Both men were issued citations for disorderly conduct.
• Richard Vallejo, 45, of the 200 block of Longview Drive in Elgin was charged Sunday with urinating in public, according to a police report. An officer observed Vallejo standing next to a fenced Dumpster behind a downtown tavern and urinating on a fence. The report states Vallejo apologized to the officer while explaining all the restrooms inside the tavern were full. Vallejo then told the officer he was a fireman and that his public urination was no big deal, the report states. The officer told Vallejo it was a big deal and asked for his identification. Vallejo offered his fire department ID, which the officer rejected. The officer then issued Vallejo a citation. Vallejo told the officer he was going to get the ticket "taken care of," the report states.
• Two unauthorized charges totaling $376 were made on the credit card of a resident of the 6N300 block of East Ridgewood Drive near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. The charges were reported at 12:24 p.m. Tuesday.
• A package containing a $510 Samsung Nexus cellphone was delivered to a home in the 7N200 block of Barb Hills Drive near St. Charles between noon and 12:30 p.m. Monday, but the homeowner didn't order it and suspects someone had it shipped to that address in an attempt to come back later and steal it, according to a sheriff's report.
• A red two-seated go-cart, valued at $1,000, was stolen from the 1500 block of Fifth Avenue near Aurora between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, according to a sheriff's report.