Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Joshua J. Klimek, 32, of the 5500 block of West Montrose Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Nov. 24 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery, criminal trespass to property, disorderly conduct, resisting a peace officer and two counts of felony aggravated battery to a police offiicer. According to reports, Kilmek was was verbally abusive and threatened security agents when asked to leave. He struggled during the arrest, kicked officers in the nose, face, chest and hand and threatened them, reports said. His court date is Dec. 4.
• Paul Ritter, 27, of the 500 block of Edgewood Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Mobil gas station, 800 W. Olkton St., and charged with city ordinance unlawful sale of tobacco to a minor during a tobacco compliance check. He reportedly sold chewing tobacco to a 17-year-old boy without asking to see an ID. Also arrested and charged with city ordinance unlawful sale of tobacco to a minor were Agampreet Nayer, 46, of the 26W500 block of Grand Avenue, Wheaton, at the Mobil gas station, 2380 S. River Road, around 1:30 p.m. Nov. 23, and Jerrymon Jacob, 18, of the 9200 block of Church Street, Des Plaines, at the BP gas station, 1215 S. Lee St., around noon Nov. 23. According to reports, 47 other stores passed the check when their employees refused to sell tobacco to an underage undercover teen.
• Garrett S. Borne, 18, of the 100 block of Ashland Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. Nov. 24 in a parking garage at 600 Metropolitan Way and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia. According to reports, an officer followed Borne's car because his SUV had a tail light that was not working. The officer found the car with Borne and two passengers on the top level of the public parking garage and discovered a marijuana pipe in the glove box. A court date is Dec. 21.
• Mateusz J. Dziegiel, 19, of the 700 block of West Huntington Commons Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:20 a.m. Nov. 18 in an apartment lot on the 1400 block of South Busse Road and charged with village ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Vandals damaged men's clothing and linens by pouring bleach into a washing machine and dryer in an apartment building laundry room on the 1100 block of Hunt Club Drive between 11:40 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Nov. 20. Damage was estimated at $1,200.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close