• Ramon R. Pickens, 41, of the 1200 block of Fairwood Court in Elgin, appeared in bond court Tuesday on charges of committing a felony with a weapon, possession of a firearm by a felon and four counts of delivery of cocaine, all felonies, according to court documents. Pickens is charged with delivering cocaine to an undercover police officer Nov. 1, 6, 15 and Monday at various Elgin locations, according to police reports. Pickens set up a deal with the officer for Monday, offering drugs in exchange for a gun, reports said. He was arrested immediately after the exchange, at about 6 p.m. in the 1100 block of North McLean Boulevard. Three of the four transactions, including the final one, occurred near parks, which made Pickens eligible for more serious charges. Bail was set at $400,000.
Contact information ( * required )
• Two flat screen televisions, a surround sound system, a fake fireplace stove and a sectional couch were stolen sometime between Oct. 1 and Nov. 1 from a home on Kathleen Drive, according to police reports. A man rented the furniture and left it with an acquaintance for safe keeping after he became homeless, but found the acquaintance's apartment empty when he checked earlier this month, reports said. He reported the theft Sunday.
• A 17-year-old girl from Rockford was arrested Nov. 21 at the Algonquin Walmart, 1410 S. Randall Road and later charged with retail theft, police said. She was petitioned into juvenile court and released to her family.
• Someone punched holes in the sidewall of a 24-foot circular above ground pool on the 11N600 block of Howard Avenue near Elgin between 5 p.m. Nov. 21 and 7:17 a.m. Thursday, causing an estimated $5,000 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• Two 18-year-olds from South Elgin were arrested and charged with marijuana possession at 11:43 p.m. Friday after authorities were called to Prairie Rose Drive and Long Meadow Lane near St. Charles for a suspicious vehicle that was parked for more than 30 minutes with people inside, according to a sheriff's report. Kyle M. Breith, of the 700 block of Katelland Way, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of 10 grams to 30 grams of marijuana, and Kyle L. Giers, of the 500 block of Terrace Lane, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana, police said.
• Someone crashed a vehicle into a light post belonging to the Woods of Silver Glen Road Homeowners Association on the 36W300 block of Oak Pointe Drive near St. Charles between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Friday, causing an estimated $5,000 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 34W800 Skyline Drive near St. Charles reported that 33 unauthorized charged were made on an account between noon Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Karla A. Lauer, 45, of the 6900 block of North Oriole Avenue, Chicago, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident and illegal transportation of alcohol after she struck a telephone pole at about 7:40 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Plank Road near Burlington, according to a sheriff's report.