Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A man stole six men's gold plated collectible watches valued at $120 from Goodwill, 1551 N. Dryden Ave., around 9 a.m. Nov. 14 after he asked to see them and the clerk removed them from a locked display cabinet. When the man said he wanted to keep shopping, the clerk placed the watches under a cash register counter. The man walked around, then returned to the counter, grabbed the watches and fled. He was described as a male Hispanic in his late 20s, 5 feet 6, 160-180 pound, wearing a red baseball cap, heavy duty tan jacket and blue jeans.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Honda Pilot in a restaurant lot at 798 W. Algonquin Road between 6:15 and 9:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and stole a black laptop bag containing a laptop computer and financial documents. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars opened the rear tailgate on a 1999 GMC Yukon at Arlington Grooming Academy, 1732 W. Algonquin Road, between 10:30 and 11 a.m. Nov. 16 and stole a circular saw in a case. The male victim was doing repair work in the shop at the time. Value was estimated at $250.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Jeep Compass in a store lot at 2375 S. Arlington Heights Road between 2 and 9:50 p.m. Nov. 16 and stole a black leather laptop bag containing workbooks and papers. Value was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole a 4-foot by 6-foot American flag and its wooden pole from the front of a home on the 500 block of South Dunton Avenue between 11 p.m. Nov. 17 and 7 a.m. Nov. 18. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole a men's wallet from the arm of a living room chair in an apartment at Church Creek retirement community, 1250 W. Central Road, around 12:30 p.m. Nov. 15 after the 94-year-old male resident propped the door open and the wallet was visible from the common hallway. Value was estimated at $140.
• Burglars broke the deadbolt lock on the rear condominium door on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18 but did not get inside.
• Olawale O. Babalola, 32, of the 1300 block of East Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:25 a.m. Nov. 17 on Prairie Avenue at Center Street and charged with possession of marijuana and intoxicated pedestrian in roadway. His court date is Jan. 3.
• Thieves stole 10 packages of roof shingles valued at $1,000 left at the bottom of a driveway for the past year at a home on the 400 block of East Columbia Avenue between 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Thieves stole 90-100 sheets of copper out of a warehouse at 1530 E. Birchwood Ave. between Nov. 1 and 14. According to reports, the offenders would have had to use a forklift. Value was estimated at $11,000.
• Thieves stole two hood ornaments from a 1995 Buick Century and 1993 Buick Roadster on the 1600 block of East Walnut Avenue between 6 p.m. Nov. 9 and 7 a.m. Nov. 10. Value was estimated at $150.
• A man took a woman's winning slot machine ticket when she left to use the washroom at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, around 4:15 p.m. Nov. 15. Value was estimated at $574.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Chevrolet work van in a lot on the 700 block of West Algonquin Road between 10:30 p.m. Nov. 17 and 9:20 a.m. Nov. 18 and stole two volt meters and a leather tool pouch with various hand tools. Loss was estimated at $900.
• Two men stole five bottles of vodka from Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., around 9:45 a.m. Nov. 16. Value was estimated at $193.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo/TV and two speakers out of an unlocked 1999 GMC SUV on the 1900 block of South Illinois Street between noon Nov. 16 and noon Nov. 17. Value was estimated at $1,300.
• Thieves stole a blue bicycle valued at $550 between mid-September and Nov. 14 at a garage house on the 1200 block of West Sunset Road.
• Burglars stole a cellphone charger, earphones, camera tripod and in-dash radio/CD player out of a 2003 Toyota Corolla in a driveway on the 800 block of South Elmhurst Road between 7 p.m. Nov. 13 and 4 a.m. Nov. 14. Value was estimated at $680.
• Vandals hurled a pumpkin that shattered the front windshield on a 1995 Honda Civic on the 200 block of North Maple Street between 10 p.m. Nov. 17 and 1:30 a.m. Nov. 18. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Vandals kicked and dented the driver's-side rear quarter panel and rear door on a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta in a restaurant lot at 301 E. Euclid Ave. between 10 and 11:50 p.m. Nov. 17. Damage was estimated at $750.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close