• Two gang members and one gang associate were arrested Thursday in the 100 block of North Eastwood Drive in Woodstock on drug-related charges in an undercover narcotics investigation involving the sale of cocaine throughout McHenry County over the past few weeks, the McHenry County Sheriff's office said. Jovani Lucio, 22, of the 200 block of Gross Street in Mundelein, and Abel Aguilar, 21, and Rafael Aguilar Jr., 25, both of the 300 block of University Street in Harvard, were charged with unlawful criminal calculated drug conspiracy, delivery of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance after they were seen conducting a narcotics transaction, a sheriff's news release said. Sheriff's deputies seized approximately 153 grams of cocaine, a 2003 Lincoln Continental, and a 2004 Jeep Cherokee. The street value of the drugs is estimated to be approximately $15,300. DEA agents from the Rockford field office were part of the effort. Lucio's bond was set at $120,000; he is due in court Nov. 27; Abel Aguilar's bond was set at $100,000 and he is due in court Nov. 27; Rafael Aguilar Jr.'s bond was set at $100,000 and he is due in court Nov. 26. The investigation is ongoing and more arrests are anticipated.
Contact information ( * required )
• Dylan Beene, 27, of the 1600 block of Carlemont Drive, was arrested at home Wednesday on several marijuana-related charges, police said. According to a news release, police found a half pound of marijuana and several items of drug paraphernalia in the home. Beene was charged with the unlawful manufacture of delivery of marijuana, unlawful marijuana possession and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, the release said. He was released after posting $1,250 bond and he is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26 in Woodstock.
• Mark J. Ardilla, 21, of the 1300 block of York Drive in Carpentersville, was charged with theft for stealing an iPad and a Playstation 3 video game system and game controller, police said. According to charging documents, the theft took place Thursday. Ardilla's bail was set at $10,000, but he was allowed to leave jail on his signature. His next court date is Dec. 11 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• Evan Fox, 24, of the 200 block of Oak Street in Carpentersville, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, after police found him with several joints and a bag of marijuana that weighed 10.9 grams, Bosshart said. Police stopped Ross because he was riding a bicycle without a light and in oncoming traffic at Lake Marian and Williams roads. The officer who stopped Ross later said he smelled like marijuana, according to Bosshart. Fox was released on his signature and is due in court Dec. 6 at the Elgin branch court.
• Police arrested a 12-year-old boy last Sunday in the 0-99 block of Oxford Drive in connection with a pair of recent pellet gun shootings in the village, Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart said. Police said two women were shot in the past week -- one woman was hit in the hip and another one was shot in the leg. Police seized the gun and the boy was later referred to the juvenile court system, Bosshart said.
• On Sunday, someone used paintballs to shoot up a car and a speed limit sign in the 100 block of Austin Avenue, as well as the Main Street and Lord Avenue street signs, police said.