• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Armed robberies occurred two days apart at a liquor store and a gas station, with the description of the robber in each case having several similarities and telling the clerk in each case to turn over the money or "I'll shoot you." A man with a revolver robbed Des Plaines Liquor and Tobacco, 668 Pearson St., of $600 around 6 p.m. Nov. 8. The 25-year-old victim was watching the store for his cousin. The offender, wearing a black-and-white bandanna over his face, was described as Hispanic or Asian, 5 feet tall, 145 pounds, olive complexion, small build and wearing a baby blue White Sox hat, silver headphones around his neck, black hoodie with a white stripe down the shoulder and arms, black baggie pants and white gym shoes. In the second robbery, a man with a revolver took approximately $700 from a 65-year-old male clerk in a gas station at 1222 S. Lee St. around 5:35 p.m. Nov. 10. He was described as 5 feet 3, 140 pounds, black hair, medium brown complexion, medium build and wearing a blue hoodie, black baggy jeans and white shoes.
• Michael Robert Diaz, 24, and Ji Hoon Lee, 23, both of the 10000 block of Holly Lane, Des Plaines, were arrested around 8:45 a.m. Nov. 10 on the 1700 block of East Rand Road and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana; Diaz also was charged with failure to wear a safety belt-passenger. Their court date is Dec. 18.
• Thieves stole an air conditioner unit from the side of Lea & Sachs, 1345 E. Golf Road, between 5 p.m. Nov. 9 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 11. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole a blue mountain bike with green stripes valued at $199 chained to two traffic signs on the 2500 block of East Dempster Street between noon and 3 p.m. Nov. 13.
• Thieves stole a boys' red and white mountain bike locked in a rack at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Nov. 9. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a copper bus bar valued at $150 from a Verizon cellphone tower at 2011 E. Euclid Ave. between Oct. 12 and Nov. 12.
• Thieves stole a women's jacket and purse with money, silver earrings and bracelet, credit cards and keys out of a shopping cart at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, around 10:10 a.m. Nov. 11. The victim turned her back on the cart for a few seconds. Value was estimated at $1,250.
• Thieves stole a boys' unlocked 26-inch white bicycle with a blue stripe parked outside a business at 125 N. Wolf Road, between 2:45 and 2:50 p.m. Nov. 9. Value was estimated at $130.
• Vandals smashed both side mirrors on a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt in an apartment lot on the 400 block of Inland Drive between 10:30 p.m. Nov. 9 and 10 a.m. Nov. 10. Damage was estimated at $100.