Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Armed robberies occurred two days apart at a liquor store and a gas station, with the description of the robber in each case having several similarities and telling the clerk in each case to turn over the money or "I'll shoot you." A man with a revolver robbed Des Plaines Liquor and Tobacco, 668 Pearson St., of $600 around 6 p.m. Nov. 8. The 25-year-old victim was watching the store for his cousin. The offender, wearing a black-and-white bandanna over his face, was described as Hispanic or Asian, 5 feet tall, 145 pounds, olive complexion, small build and wearing a baby blue White Sox hat, silver headphones around his neck, black hoodie with a white stripe down the shoulder and arms, black baggie pants and white gym shoes. In the second robbery, a man with a revolver took approximately $700 from a 65-year-old male clerk in a gas station at 1222 S. Lee St. around 5:35 p.m. Nov. 10. He was described as 5 feet 3, 140 pounds, black hair, medium brown complexion, medium build and wearing a blue hoodie, black baggy jeans and white shoes.
• Michael Robert Diaz, 24, and Ji Hoon Lee, 23, both of the 10000 block of Holly Lane, Des Plaines, were arrested around 8:45 a.m. Nov. 10 on the 1700 block of East Rand Road and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana; Diaz also was charged with failure to wear a safety belt-passenger. Their court date is Dec. 18.
• Thieves stole an air conditioner unit from the side of Lea & Sachs, 1345 E. Golf Road, between 5 p.m. Nov. 9 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 11. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole a blue mountain bike with green stripes valued at $199 chained to two traffic signs on the 2500 block of East Dempster Street between noon and 3 p.m. Nov. 13.
• Thieves stole a boys' red and white mountain bike locked in a rack at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Nov. 9. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a copper bus bar valued at $150 from a Verizon cellphone tower at 2011 E. Euclid Ave. between Oct. 12 and Nov. 12.
• Thieves stole a women's jacket and purse with money, silver earrings and bracelet, credit cards and keys out of a shopping cart at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, around 10:10 a.m. Nov. 11. The victim turned her back on the cart for a few seconds. Value was estimated at $1,250.
• Thieves stole a boys' unlocked 26-inch white bicycle with a blue stripe parked outside a business at 125 N. Wolf Road, between 2:45 and 2:50 p.m. Nov. 9. Value was estimated at $130.
• Vandals smashed both side mirrors on a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt in an apartment lot on the 400 block of Inland Drive between 10:30 p.m. Nov. 9 and 10 a.m. Nov. 10. Damage was estimated at $100.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close